Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How can you keep a wetsuit logo from peeling/flaking
Quote | Reply
I have a 2+ yr. old Piel (SCS) whose logos are starting to peel (actually more like starting to flake). Does anyone know a way to help prevent this from happening (or at least slow down the flaking process)?

Joe Moya
Quote Reply
Re: How can you keep a wetsuit logo from peeling/flaking [Joe M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joe, I believe that manufacturers purposely put limited-life graphics on their wetsuits so that you will buy a new one sooner! It's like those toothbrushes with bristles that change colors when it is time for a new one. I would just throw it on Ebay and get another one because you gotta look good out there!!

JJ

"Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying"
Quote Reply
Re: How can you keep a wetsuit logo from peeling/flaking [Joe M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately, I've had many brands of wetsuits and Piel seems to be the only one with "crusty" graphics. I'm not exactly sure why this happens. My Piel decals started flaking off two wetsuits in less than a year. Though I'm still a fan of Piel, I'd like to see the logo stick better (see: Aquaman, QR, De Soto). Unfortunately the only way you can keep those Piel logos from coming off is to not use the wetsuit. Doh!

My $0.02 worth. Hope it helps.

-gc
Quote Reply