Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How bad are some road helmets in a TT "turtle"
Quote | Reply
Nothing important, just curious.......

I wear my older model Evade road helmet to do my TT workouts. I like to hear traffic and my TT helmet covers my ears. Once in a while I'll suit up in the skinsuit and TT helmet and go after it without any real event.

I tend to feel/notice/surmise/adivinar/voodoo that the old school Evade is meant to be in the air like you'd be on a road bike looking down road and more upright. Not turtled down in TT.

I can just imagine this thing looking like a little trashcan lid in the air in a normal TT turtle looking at the pavement scream at you maybe 20 yards ahead.

Sure, run whatcha brung on any given day with your best effort. Just that I've seemed to have had some pretty solid workouts and good speeds on crappy/windy days with the TT helmet versus that Evade.

I'd have thought the Evade wouldn't be THAT bad over a TT helmet (Giro Adv. 2).
Quote Reply
Re: How bad are some road helmets in a TT "turtle" [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
look at the giro website and see the time difference aerohead gives over the attack. it ain't much.
Quote Reply
Re: How bad are some road helmets in a TT "turtle" [DBF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn’t follow good investigative practices or problem solving here.

Doh.

I went back and the slower runs are typically on the same crappier pavement out in the country.

Carry on y’all.
Quote Reply