Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are we getting long and low on our Felt IA 10s?
Quote | Reply
There's nothing I hate more than seeing a client who after a great session on the Retul gets back on their own bike and can't achieve the fit coordinates. 51 not long enough, 54 not low enough. Any long and low STers out there doing well on their Felt IA 10s with the OEM?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: How are we getting long and low on our Felt IA 10s? [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
There's nothing I hate more than seeing a client who after a great session on the Retul gets back on their own bike and can't achieve the fit coordinates. 51 not long enough, 54 not low enough. Any long and low STers out there doing well on their Felt IA 10s with the OEM?

Mount the extensions under the base bar on the 54cm. You can get the arm rests level with the base bar.
-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: How are we getting long and low on our Felt IA 10s? [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

Mount the extensions under the base bar on the 54cm. You can get the arm rests level with the base bar.
-SD

I've done this for a number of people but am running out of stuff in the spare parts bin to make it happen.... isn't there an OEM undermount kit?

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: How are we getting long and low on our Felt IA 10s? [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The stem below works pretty well. There are others listed in the IA thread. Somewhere near the first third of it, I believe.

http://shop.fullspeedahead.com/en/sl-k-drop-stem-4359

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: How are we getting long and low on our Felt IA 10s? [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

-SD

I've done this for a number of people but am running out of stuff in the spare parts bin to make it happen.... isn't there an OEM undermount kit?

As soon as you upgrade them to 3T REVO bars the parts are included. Should be an easy sale to upgrade to carbon bars and ski-bend extensions :)
Otherwise you'll need longer countersunk M5 x 0.8mm bolts and some spacers (or re-use the extension mount risers)

On the other hand, with ~100mm of arm rest position adjustment, how is the 51cm not able to get long enough?

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you considered Tririg Alpha X (currently on sale for $250 off) with stem length from 80-120mm depending on arm rest mounting position. Undermount kits included.
Quote Reply
Re: How are we getting long and low on our Felt IA 10s? [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed.
I have an frd, but solved a similar problem by jumping the arm pad brackets in front of the extension mount point.

With a longish extension you can achieve a ton of pad reach that way
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

-SD

Syntace Flatforce stem. Up to 111mm with a good bit of drop. Fits on the IA's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thought to look at the Dagger Stem as a proprietary part to achieve more length and a lower stack height?

http://www.josh-amberger.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

-SD

What spares are needed to do this?
I currently have the extensions above the base bar but I was thinking of trying a lower position over the off-season and might need to go for undermounting the extensions to achieve that. I presumed it was just a case of rotating the extension clamps to the underside of the bar and flipping the armrest clamps. I haven't checked to see if that allows the armpads to sit just above the base bar. Does what I describe work or are there additional parts needed beyond what's supplied with the Bayonet 3?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

-SD

As soon as you upgrade them to 3T REVO bars the parts are included. Should be an easy sale to upgrade to carbon bars and ski-bend extensions :)
Otherwise you'll need longer countersunk M5 x 0.8mm bolts and some spacers (or re-use the extension mount risers)

On the other hand, with ~100mm of arm rest position adjustment, how is the 51cm not able to get long enough?

-SD

when I get people that are long, I make them LONG. Client has long arms and is clearly a 54 for the rest of her morphology. Just unfortunate that she can get A+ low with zero effect on power

Quote Reply
Re: How are we getting long and low on our Felt IA 10s? [ChrisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not feasible, but I will consider this for myself though!

ChrisT wrote:
Have you considered Tririg Alpha X (currently on sale for $250 off) with stem length from 80-120mm depending on arm rest mounting position. Undermount kits included.

Quote Reply
Re: How are we getting long and low on our Felt IA 10s? [hey_burgs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey_burgs wrote:
Thought to look at the Dagger Stem as a proprietary part to achieve more length and a lower stack height?

Josh, thanks for this tip. Have a stem to sell? ;)

Quote Reply
Re: How are we getting long and low on our Felt IA 10s? [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:
The stem below works pretty well. There are others listed in the IA thread. Somewhere near the first third of it, I believe.

http://shop.fullspeedahead.com/en/sl-k-drop-stem-4359

Syntace FlatForce stem is what I am looking at picking up to get longer and lower on my IA in a 56 frame size. There was more reach on the 58 but I would struggle to get low enough.

The Syntace FlatForce also has a shorter clamp height in the event there is no extra steerer tube when my IAx stem comes off. Apparently, the FlatForce 111 stem actually measures closer to 120mm in length.
Last edited by: bthiel: Jan 4, 20 5:32
Quote Reply