Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How 'bout a little peace?
Quote | Reply
No, I am not talking about making an anti-war protest on this thread, and I certainly will not take part of the "war or not?" discussions. I have opinions on this event, but I know that my opinions could be taken personally by some and I don't want to lose the nice feeling that I get when I debate over whether or not Integrated Headsets have any merits, for example. I also don't wish to lose nice posters who have much to offer and can change this old rabbit's mind on rare occasion.

I feel terrible that I started a thread that put people in an arguing position on the merits of marriage and divorce. I did not want to do that. I won't delete my post on that (even though I deleted my post on JB Welding a shift boss on- I don't want to cause anyone's wreck).

As far as war goes, I grew up in the threat of nuclear war. I gave myself a @#!$ing ulcer over that. I just don't take the views of others too personally, especially in politics and religion. The most important thing we can do in this time is to only do things about things we have control over. Unless one of the posters here is the President of any of the countries involved, we can't even attempt to sway this thing.

I enjoy having all of the different view points on this forum. I just want it to stay nice. I also appreciate that Dan has not censored any of the extremely spirited posts. Dan could have easily done that, and we should continually thank him for having such a nice forum for us.

Now, do we want to talk about how to improve our times? How 'bout making our machines more efficient? How 'bout the upcoming races?
Quote Reply
Re: How 'bout a little peace? [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yup. You're right. I hope you're feeling better today bunnyman.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: How 'bout a little peace? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish I were, Tom. I am feeling like crap and I have to deal with whiny, self-important and self-absorbed people who will not allow you to take a day off. I started to see some of the ugliness on here and it frightened me.

Opposing view points are good, but when people are starting to call others names and saying that they suck is not cool. I think saying that people are traitors for having opposing view points on the war is very dangerous, as it could end up getting some over zealous people in government to enact laws that would limit free speech.

Summarily: I am pissed off that I can't do much and my escape from the world has been getting littered with insults.

Thanks for the well-wishing, Tom.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny I remember climbing trees and playing with my friends while we discussed the Cuba missles. That was a hard time for young kids. We were very scared. Also remember my friends going to vietnam
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I totally agree with you, bunnyman. For many of us, triathlon is a way to get some peace from the hectic world around us, to be a refuge for us. We shouldn't have to escape this tri forum to enjoy that peace. As I've said before, world politics and religion, among other off-topics, will never serve to bring up the board or share positive energy among us. Let's not abuse the purpose of this forum or abuse the people participating in it.

Peace,

Daniel.
Quote Reply
Re: How 'bout a little peace? [denewone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Also remember my friends going to vietnam "

Some of us here are old enough to remember that era. I had two friends who went. One was killed and the other wounded. Both were nineteen years old. A terrible waste that in the end proved nothing.
Quote Reply
on a positive note... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was so pissed and depressed last night after all the aggressive posting that I woke up very early still thinking about all this and had time and energy for a long work out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would suggest that this board be broken up into sections, such as a general, non triathlon and PC boards. More topics would be visible on the front page of each board and we could easily avoid the threads we choose to skip.
Quote Reply
Re: How 'bout a little peace? [Richard R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The board is broken up into section. They are called threads.

I sampled the political talk, but then I logged off the thread when it started to degenerate.

I like having some of these topics discussed on the board. It is often done very well. That is why I hang out on this board.

Besides, everyone knows that going to war without the French is like going deer hunting without your accordian. Supposedly that was a line from Schwartzkof (sp?), but somehow I doubt it. He isn't usually that funny.

Hope you heal bunny. I hate to see wounded animals on the side of the road.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This will all be over shortly:

1. We will be bombing Iraq

or

2. Saddam will not be in power (for a variety of reasons, e.g. overthrow)

So that said, my concern right now is that there is no 2003 California State Time Trial Championships because two promoters pulled out!

GASP!!!

This is/was my "A" race for the year ...

Guess I'll switch it up and move my A race to May and do some Du's in Aug.

And I guess I wont boycott France after all, considering Im getting some Mavic wheels and Michelins next week and run a Corima on my race bike... gees... at least I have a spanish HED3 up front. Why is it that Michelin does not make tubulars any more?
Quote Reply