Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Housekeeping
Quote | Reply
Anyone ever tried cleaning components in a dishwasher?

We're throwing some old components which are pretty filthy onto a spare frame. We would, of course, be using someone else's dishwasher to clean them. Can anyone see any harm coming to the bike bits assuming they were dried and re-lubed properly?

"Language most shows a man: Speak, that I may see thee. It springs out of the most retired and inmost parts of us, and is the image of the parents of it, the mind. No glass so mirrors a man's form or likeness so true as his speech." - Ben Jonson, Timber, or Discoveries made upon Men and Matter.
Quote Reply
Re: Housekeeping [GBJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I was a Field Engineer for a computer company we used an old dishwasher to clean keyboards that had been used in a factory, and were very filthy. The type of greasy dirt that doesn't wipe off very well. I foget the type of soap that we used, but we also threw in some creme rinse to give them a better feel after they came out of the dishwasher. Worked great for us.

"Any idiot can run a marathon. It takes a special kind of idiot to run an ultramarathon." -Alan Cabelly
Quote Reply
Re: Housekeeping [Jim Harris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice work. I prefer to soak my keyboard overnight to get a real deep down clean.

"Language most shows a man: Speak, that I may see thee. It springs out of the most retired and inmost parts of us, and is the image of the parents of it, the mind. No glass so mirrors a man's form or likeness so true as his speech." - Ben Jonson, Timber, or Discoveries made upon Men and Matter.
Quote Reply
Re: Housekeeping [GBJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I acn't speak from experience, but a teammate claims to tear down his campy-equipped bike yearly & wash the components in the dishwasher. Sounds like a good idea if you dry things quickly & your wife doen't catch you!
Quote Reply