Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hotel Recommendations for IM Chattanooga
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for a reasonably priced hotel close to the race site with a pool. I want a place where my wife and daughter can go back to the hotel and rest or swim while I'm racing.

Thanks,
Mike
Quote Reply
Re: Hotel Recommendations for IM Chattanooga [MikeyG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing in town really qualifies as "reasonably priced" during race week but I've stayed at the Doubletree Downtown several times and recommend it. It's a short walk to transition, the aquarium, Discovery Museum, and restaurants, has an outdoor pool (not suitable for training), and they have fresh baked chocolate chip cookies daily. I'm pretty sure you get free breakfast if you are Hilton Honors Gold. What more could you ask for? I think the rooms ran about $300/night. I just searched for availability and IM already has everything locked out to force you to book through the official race lodging site at inflated race week rates. Basterds.
Quote Reply
Re: Hotel Recommendations for IM Chattanooga [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stayed at the Double Tree downtown this year. Got a 2 Queen bed room 3 weeks before the race for $170 a night. Nice Hotel. Room was a little small but did have fridge and microwave.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MikeyG wrote:
I'm looking for a reasonably priced hotel close to the race site with a pool. I want a place where my wife and daughter can go back to the hotel and rest or swim while I'm racing.

Thanks,
Mike

The two hotels closest to the finish/transition are both Marriott (Courtyard and Residence Inn). They are literally a block away so very convenient. But, you will most likely be paying $300+\night at either place. Both have very small indoor pools but are an easy walk to the IMAX or aquarium. There are other very nice hotels another block or two from these two.....Hampton Inn, DoubleTree, Holiday Inn, etc. not sure about price
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I stayed at the Hampton Inn downtown for 70.3 chattanooga in May and loved it (but I'm partial to Hampton Inns in general). I think price was around $200 per night. Planning to stay there for IM Chattanooga 2019. Extremely convenient to race and downtown amenities. We didn't move the car for 3 days while in Chatty. Also, for the 70.3 the Hampton had their breakfast starting at 4AM race morning. They were super supportive of the race and athletes.
Quote Reply
Re: Hotel Recommendations for IM Chattanooga [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ditto on the Hampton, except it was $300/night for me for IM in September.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Blog: https://swimbikerunrinserepeat.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: Hotel Recommendations for IM Chattanooga [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the recommendations. $170 a night sounds like a good deal to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is a great price for IM week but in ordere to score that you'll need to wait until the very last minute and hope there are cancellations that you get lucky enough to grab. Everything downtown is completely blocked out for the race and you can't book directly wiht the hotels until all remaining rooms get released...if there are any.

MikeyG wrote:
Thank you for the recommendations. $170 a night sounds like a good deal to me.
Quote Reply
Re: Hotel Recommendations for IM Chattanooga [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On that note, does anyone know when the rooms will be available through Ironman for the downtown hotels? I called the Hampton and they couldn’t tell me when they’d open up for IM.
Quote Reply