Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Horizon Fitness treadmill discount code expanded
Quote | Reply
many of you purchased Horizon Fitness treadmills with the discount code they gave you all. this was limited to the 7.8AT, which i reviewed. this was a $1,999 treadmill, and the SLOWTWITCH100 code took that to $1,899.

alas, you sold them out of treadmills. so, they've agreed to expand this code to the 7.4AT, which is pretty similar to the 7.8, it's pretty similar, mostly the difference is it's a 3.5hp motor instead of a 4.0hp motor, otherwise the deck dimension is the same, it has BLE connectivity (so, it'll connect with zwift as delivered), and it's $300 cheaper. so, with the discount, it's $1,599.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Horizon Fitness treadmill discount code expanded [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the 7.4AT model. With the same top end speed limitation (12MPH), I don't think anyone will miss the half a horsepower. Mine is last year's model though, so the handle controls are touch rather than a dial, meaning you can't really accidentally change speed or incline as noted in your review. Solid machine so far though.

-----
Quote Reply
Re: Horizon Fitness treadmill discount code expanded [Optimal_Adrian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Optimal_Adrian wrote:
I have the 7.4AT model. With the same top end speed limitation (12MPH), I don't think anyone will miss the half a horsepower. Mine is last year's model though, so the handle controls are touch rather than a dial, meaning you can't really accidentally change speed or incline as noted in your review. Solid machine so far though.

if this were my brand I'd have a joint in the tube that the controls sit on. rather than that curve in the tube through which the electronics run, i'd have a joint there, that pivots, with keyways, and you could loosen and change the angle of that joint. this would allow users to place the controls - whether wheels or any other - system - wherever the user wants them to be.

if it wasn't a joint like i describe, then it would be some other way of positioning these to the user's liking. i'm pretty sure I'll be talking saws and drills to this machine, in order to get those wheels exactly where i want them.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Horizon Fitness treadmill discount code expanded [Optimal_Adrian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you had any need to get support from Horizon? I ordered a 7.0AT recently but the box was beat up and ripped open so I had to refuse delivery. Stumbled across Horizon's Facebook page which is filled with people saying customer support is non-existent. Hoping that won't be the case for me, but guess I can just contest my credit card charges if things go sideways.
Quote Reply
Re: Horizon Fitness treadmill discount code expanded [Z28Diddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fortunately, no, I have not had to deal with their customer service.

-----
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that why I can't figure out how to add the 7.8 to my cart - sold out? I have no problem with waiting a while for delivery but at least let me put an order in. The Sole F85 is my other option and they currently say estimated 30 days for shipping.
Quote Reply
Re: Horizon Fitness treadmill discount code expanded [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's interesting. When I ordered the 7.0 around Jan 1st I was able to order it and they e-mailed saying t was on backorder, "usually in stock within 2 weeks." Was about a week before I got another e-mail saying it was back in stock.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't had the need to deal with support either, we got the 7.0 back in April. Our box got a little dinged but that was as the delivery guys were loading it into our hallway, and there was no damage to the TM itself.

My only complaint with the machine is that it's a pain in the arse if you move. The piston that keeps it from falling on your head when folded up likes to deploy if there's no weight on the bed of the TM. When we moved in the fall, I put 5 or 6 zip ties between the base and the frame to keep it from deploying, but it snapped those no problem in the middle of the stairs (we were able to invert the treadmill, and with two people holding it so it wouldn't slide, I was able to stand on the base to get it closed again...), I eventually took some twine looped and knotted it about a dozen times which did the trick. When we move again this coming fall, I'll make sure to use a compression strap around the TM to make sure that the piston stays put (fortunately my temp pain cave until the new house is ready is in the garage, so the only real challenge will be the stairs to get it into the permanent basement pain cave there).
Quote Reply
Re: Horizon Fitness treadmill discount code expanded [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah... this is how the box looked on the truck. Seeing people's posts about their customer support (or lack of) im glad I didn't take a chance on it or just work to get any broken parts replaced.

You like the 7.0 so far, at least from a running on it standpoint? I had like a 2014 Pro Form that I bought off CL pre-COVID, back when people would pay you to get them out of their house. It always worked fine, just slow changing speed and maxed out at 10mph. Not that I run that fast very often, but felt like that being the max speed it took extra long to get to that speed.
Last edited by: Z28Diddy: Jan 18, 21 7:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Optimal_Adrian wrote:

if this were my brand I'd have a joint in the tube that the controls sit on. rather than that curve in the tube through which the electronics run, i'd have a joint there, that pivots, with keyways, and you could loosen and change the angle of that joint. this would allow users to place the controls - whether wheels or any other - system - wherever the user wants them to be.

if it wasn't a joint like i describe, then it would be some other way of positioning these to the user's liking. i'm pretty sure I'll be talking saws and drills to this machine, in order to get those wheels exactly where i want them.

Got a 7.4AT that was delivered back in the end of September (box was beat up but not as badly as the other poster's pic...but the delivery guys told me the first box was beat up so bad they had to ship a 2nd unit to me and never bothered trying to deliver the 1st one). I got fed up enough with the poor placement of the quick dial handles that I relocated them (a bloody knuckle mid-run was enough to finally get me to that point). Used an piece of 2x4 to space it out and move it out to near the side hand rails. A couple of blocks to shift it out as a flat 2x4 by itself wasn't going to fit because of the console shape in the back. Secured that with some spare TV wall mounting bolts (they were the same size and thread count as the bolts that mount the dial handles). Then screwed the handles using washer head screws (didn't have the right sized washers on hand to use regular screws). Had to miter cut the ends of the long 2x4 at an angle for clearance. There are more elegant solutions I could've done but didn't want to make a trip to the hardware store and used what I had in spare lumber/screws on hand.

Last edited by: loxx0050: Jan 18, 21 19:03
Quote Reply
Re: Horizon Fitness treadmill discount code expanded [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice! I was already thinking about using my 3d printer to move those arms a bit. Are you able to just disconnect those/not mount them?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Z28Diddy wrote:
Nice! I was already thinking about using my 3d printer to move those arms a bit. Are you able to just disconnect those/not mount them?

Another poster mentioned something about just removing them completely because he didn't like them so I believe it's possible. I don't know where I'd store them if I did remove them so I opted to just relocate them for now.

That was in a different wtb treadmill topic asking for suggestions on here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd be happy to wait a while but can't find any way to actually put in an order.

Z28Diddy wrote:
That's interesting. When I ordered the 7.0 around Jan 1st I was able to order it and they e-mailed saying t was on backorder, "usually in stock within 2 weeks." Was about a week before I got another e-mail saying it was back in stock.
Quote Reply
Re: Horizon Fitness treadmill discount code expanded [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Z28Diddy wrote:
Have you had any need to get support from Horizon? I ordered a 7.0AT recently but the box was beat up and ripped open so I had to refuse delivery. Stumbled across Horizon's Facebook page which is filled with people saying customer support is non-existent. Hoping that won't be the case for me, but guess I can just contest my credit card charges if things go sideways.

Order the 7.8 a few weeks back, several emails that it is back in stock and will ship and then nothing. Several inquiries to CS with no reply. This thread and the FB page has put me on pause for sure (going to cancel), likely just growing too fast and having the usual issues at this stage...no problem spending money on SEO however;) Hope they get it figured out quickly, but my guess is this bubble will burst and we are going to see a ton of used TM on the market and they will suffer long-term.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TH3_FRB wrote:
Is that why I can't figure out how to add the 7.8 to my cart - sold out? I have no problem with waiting a while for delivery but at least let me put an order in. The Sole F85 is my other option and they currently say estimated 30 days for shipping.

what i was told by the maker is that they don't give you the chance to preorder if they're not confident that they can fill the order in a pretty short time frame (that they can promise). if i were you, i'd consider the 7.4, if that's still available. i can see very little difference between the two machines, except that the 7.4 is $1,499 (with our discount code) and the 7.8 is $1,899 with the code. the major difference otherwise is a 3.5hp motor versus a 4.0hp motor.'

i don't know jack diddly about treadmills, but as a case in point, the sole f63 has a 3.0hp motor, a f65 has a 3.25hp motor, and it seems to me motors are pass/fail. they either propel the treadmill at the given speed or they don't. you take the horizon 7.8AT, what happens of horizon comes out with an 8.0AT? with a 5.0hp motor? so what?

i read this, and what it says is that runners - versus walkers - need at least 3.0hp, and best is continuous-duty rating, which this is. then it's 3.5hp if you weight 200lb or more, however i think if you weight 170lb and you run at 8min pace that's probably equal to 220lb running at 13min pace. or, there's some algorithm that expresses the curve. i think going lower than 3.5 continuous-duty HP is probably the risk.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Horizon Fitness treadmill discount code expanded [ktm520] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ktm520 wrote:
Z28Diddy wrote:

Order the 7.8 a few weeks back, several emails that it is back in stock and will ship and then nothing. Several inquiries to CS with no reply. This thread and the FB page has put me on pause for sure (going to cancel), likely just growing too fast and having the usual issues at this stage...no problem spending money on SEO however;) Hope they get it figured out quickly, but my guess is this bubble will burst and we are going to see a ton of used TM on the market and they will suffer long-term.

I have the 7.8 (delivered in December) and am having a similarly bad CS experience.

My incline motor is not working. I contacted the local dealer on Jan 11, and they opened a ticket that day. I'm told that the repair service is ready to go. But...the delay is due to Horizon not issuing a work order for the warranty repair. And as of 1/19, no work order has been issued. I've tried to contact Horizon/Johnson directly, but I got hung up on after 10 minutes on hold, and emails just get an auto response stating that I can hear back in 7-10 business days...

I'm honestly really disappointed and frustrated.
Quote Reply
Re: Horizon Fitness treadmill discount code expanded [darkwave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello! Dan, aka Slowman, gave me permission to post to this thread from Horizon. I work on the brand and marketing team at Horizon and recently connected with Dan through a mutual contact at Zwift. I'm very sorry to hear that you and several others have been having issues reaching our customer support team. That is certainly not the first impression we want anyone to have with our brand. We've been growing our support team as quickly as possible, however, the unusually high levels of holiday demand coupled with the pandemic has been a significant challenge to keep up with. The best advice I can provide is to be sure that you've recorded your request on our website here: https://www.horizonfitness.com/...-purchase/contact-us. By filling out that form you are in the queue right away and I can assure you that someone will get in touch with you as soon as possible, though it may take several days as our technicians try to help as many people as quickly as they can. We also have a chat tool on our website that may provide a faster response. If you are in need of more urgent assistance, you can reach our marketing team via a direct message on the Horizon Fitness Facebook page. While we can't resolve customer support concerns via Facebook, we do try to track down updates on orders and help out in any way we can. We're all hands on deck right now and truly appreciate everyone's patience while we work through these unique challenges. @Darkwave, please feel free to reach out via a Facebook message if that works for you, and I'll see if I can find any additional info regarding your service ticket.

Thanks again for all of the support in this group for Horizon. We're always learning and sincerely appreciate your feedback on how we can continue to improve our products and services. We should be restocked on the 7.8AT treadmill in approximately 2-3 weeks and hope to re-open the order link on the website soon.

Warm regards,

Kelly @ Horizon Marketing
Quote Reply
Re: Horizon Fitness treadmill discount code expanded [HorizonMktg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Appreciate you reaching out. I received a response on my order today:

Your new unit will ship in 1–7 days if it is in stock. You will not receive tracking information. If you would like new tracking information, please email shipping@horizonfitness.com with your case number: XXXXXXX or use the chat function on horizonfitness.com to get in touch with an agent during business hours.

Can you point me to this chat function by any chance? I realize it's likely after business hours presently, but I was all over the site around noon central time today and couldn't find any mention of a chat. All I can find are the forms to submit with a question, which I did, but the automated response said someone would reply in 1 to 10 business days. Calling the number on the below page led to ordering parts or someone's voicemail:
https://www.horizonfitness.com/support/contact-horizon

I really just want to know what kind of timeline I should expect since the 7.0AT shows as back-ordered on your site. If it's going to be another 2-3 weeks before it will be delivered I'd rather just get a refund now so I can go another route.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
if i were you, i'd consider the 7.4, if that's still available. i can see very little difference between the two machines, except that the 7.4 is $1,499 (with our discount code) and the 7.8 is $1,899 with the code. the major difference otherwise is a 3.5hp motor versus a 4.0hp motor.'

Aside from the smaller motor, the 7.4 also appears to have a smaller and more basic display. The display on the 7.8 is already marginal tech for a brand new treadmill so I'm not really willing to step down even more. Is it $400 difference in terms of functionality? Maybe not but I suspect I'd be disappointed. Now if I were in the market for something used I'd probably be willing to settle but I'd also be paying under $1k. I'm still wavering between Horizon, Sole, and Nordictrack and it's not something I NEED right now so I'll wait it out and see if the 7.8 is back in stock soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Z28Diddy, we can definitely help you out with your questions about a pending order via a direct message on the Horizon Fitness Facebook page. Please reach out and we'll get it taken care of right away. We've been receiving steady supply of the 7.0AT lately too, so there shouldn't be too much of a wait for that model.

The chat tool appears on all pages on the website during business hours, typically M-F 8-5 PM Central. It is live on the site now - look for the box on the right side of the screen that says "Chat now".
Last edited by: HorizonMktg: Jan 20, 21 6:39
Quote Reply
Re: Horizon Fitness treadmill discount code expanded [HorizonMktg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you - The Facebook chat was helpful and responded pretty quickly this morning.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TH3_FRB wrote:
Slowman wrote:

if i were you, i'd consider the 7.4, if that's still available. i can see very little difference between the two machines, except that the 7.4 is $1,499 (with our discount code) and the 7.8 is $1,899 with the code. the major difference otherwise is a 3.5hp motor versus a 4.0hp motor.'

Aside from the smaller motor, the 7.4 also appears to have a smaller and more basic display. The display on the 7.8 is already marginal tech for a brand new treadmill so I'm not really willing to step down even more. Is it $400 difference in terms of functionality? Maybe not but I suspect I'd be disappointed. Now if I were in the market for something used I'd probably be willing to settle but I'd also be paying under $1k. I'm still wavering between Horizon, Sole, and Nordictrack and it's not something I NEED right now so I'll wait it out and see if the 7.8 is back in stock soon.

From what I can tell the differences for the screen are the size and color only which to me is mainly cosmetic between the two models. They both function the same and only display the treadmill metrics. No pairing of a mobile device to can make use of the its screen for displaying of a movie or fitness apps like how a chromecast will play on your TV or Apple TV running zwift.

One thing I noticed is that the 7.8AT it seems that the quick dials are required in order to fine tune your speed/incline not covered for the buttons on the console. So for speeds any paces in between whole numbers and for inclines 0.5 degree along with the numbers not on the console quick buttons. Dan or other 7.8at owner's of the latest model year please confirm if this is true.

For my 7.4at yeah the screen isn't as big and is a singular color but it appears to display the same info as the next model up. Plus there is traditional up/ down push buttons to fine tune speed/incline on the console the are next to the start stop buttons So you should be able to not bother with installing the quick dials. I've found them to be placed poorly and are too sensitive. It's really hard to fine tune the speed or incline when doing anymore more than walking. And it's easy to get the dial in between "clicks" and then pace will change on its own 0.1mph pace in either direction when running as it settles into the correct dial position after a bit of movement on the treadmill frame running. It's a great idea but extremely poorly executed.

Connecting a tablet via Bluetooth is really only for the speakers and won't control the treadmill I believe (haven't tried and only used the speakers once...went back to Bluetooth headphones instead with a tablet in the place on the console for it). Onboard fan is useless and I still use an regular fan pointed at me.
Last edited by: loxx0050: Jan 20, 21 11:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HorizonMktg wrote:
We also have a chat tool on our website that may provide a faster response. If you are in need of more urgent assistance, you can reach our marketing team via a direct message on the Horizon Fitness Facebook page. While we can't resolve customer support concerns via Facebook, we do try to track down updates on orders and help out in any way we can. We're all hands on deck right now and truly appreciate everyone's patience while we work through these unique challenges.

Thanks for your response: yesterday I did reach out via FB, and was directed to the chat function on the website. I started that, waited about 12 minutes for a response, which was to swap me to the tech support chat. I waited on that for another 10 minutes, and then had to step away from my computer.

I will try again today.
Quote Reply
Re: Horizon Fitness treadmill discount code expanded [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One thing I noticed is that the 7.8AT it seems that the quick dials are required in order to fine tune your speed/incline not covered for the buttons on the console. So for speeds any paces in between whole numbers and for inclines 0.5 degree along with the numbers not on the console quick buttons. Dan or other 7.8at owner's of the latest model year please confirm if this is true.

True for fine adjustment in between whole numbers the dials are the only way to adjust the speed and incline.
Quote Reply
Re: Horizon Fitness treadmill discount code expanded [swimbikerun66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
swimbikerun66 wrote:

True for fine adjustment in between whole numbers the dials are the only way to adjust the speed and incline.

the ONLY fine adjustment is thru the quickdial wheels. on the left and on the right are buttons on the console, but they are rough increments. i believe it's on the left, that's the incline, and as i recall there is no 1% option. it goes from level to 2% and then you can press a button for every additional percent grade. on the right are MPH. there is no up/down arrow. it's just the rotational wheels (quickdial).

what i have advocated, to horizon - and they're very open to hearing this - is that they be one of the few treadmill companies to behave the way the better smart trainer companies behave. i could see now the ability to make a robust app, like the wahoo app, and the treadmill connects via BLE your smartphone, and your smartphone connects via wifi and can "middle" firmware updates for the treadmill, and the smartphone app lets you program the treadmill per your taste.

if this was available, then you could do 2 things right away. first, you could program controls to suit. for example, i find both the incline and the speed increments to be too fine on the quickdial wheels. you could program the increments - every quickdial click - to be (say) a tenth of a percent of incline instead of a half a percent (which they now are). likewise the speed.

second, what if those numbers on the console weren't gauged to MPH (in the case of velocity) but were instead gauged to some other metric. maybe KPH? or, something else entirely. you could program in what those numbers represent in the app.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply

Prev Next