Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hopeful the Kinetic R1 wired connection will work with Zwift
Quote | Reply
I’m so tired of the connection dropouts I get with my Elite Direto to Zwift (and Trainer Road). I’ve tried everything to fix the problem: different Ant+ dongles, USB extension cords, Bluetooth through my phone, different USB ports, different computers, different locations in the house, different houses, minimizing other RF sources. I recently switched to an Apple TV 4K, that made it better but I still have 1-2 dropouts per session. It’s incredibly frustrating when you are racing or riding with a group and you have a power dropout and as a result you get dropped from the group. Maintaining a rock-solid data connection is a fundamental requirement for me in a smart trainer.

I’m excited about the new Kinetic R1. I hope, hope, hope that it will be compatible with Zwift using the R1’s wired data connection. I will buy that trainer as soon as I see the first report about someone successfully using the wired connection to ride in Zwift.
Quote Reply
Re: Hopeful the Kinetic R1 wired connection will work with Zwift [robbrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
robbrocket wrote:
I’m so tired of the connection dropouts I get with my Elite Direto to Zwift (and Trainer Road). I’ve tried everything to fix the problem: different Ant+ dongles, USB extension cords, Bluetooth through my phone, different USB ports, different computers, different locations in the house, different houses, minimizing other RF sources. I recently switched to an Apple TV 4K, that made it better but I still have 1-2 dropouts per session. It’s incredibly frustrating when you are racing or riding with a group and you have a power dropout and as a result you get dropped from the group. Maintaining a rock-solid data connection is a fundamental requirement for me in a smart trainer.

I’m excited about the new Kinetic R1. I hope, hope, hope that it will be compatible with Zwift using the R1’s wired data connection. I will buy that trainer as soon as I see the first report about someone successfully using the wired connection to ride in Zwift.

i, like you, think this is pretty neat. i have 2 of those resistance units from kinetic. i've got some various uses for the sister units (wheel-on) that complicate matters for me, but, assuming the electronics, software, firmware function pretty much the same, when i know you'll know.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Hopeful the Kinetic R1 wired connection will work with Zwift [robbrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of my favorite features of my old Computrainer is that it has a wired connection. I wish more trainers would offer direct wire via USB as an option.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So is there any feedback on the kinetic? Dan?

I too have just lost my patience having my ant+ dongle less then 6 inches from the trainer. The connection is better than before for power, still drops once or twice per ride but now it drops my heart rate and cadence every 2-3 minutes.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Hopeful the Kinetic R1 wired connection will work with Zwift [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't speak for Dan, but the R1 seems to have gotten some pretty lousy reviews on the reliability front.... Search the forum..
Quote Reply
Re: Hopeful the Kinetic R1 wired connection will work with Zwift [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got an r1.

Fires up no problem. Connected to phone easily. Updated it and then did a calibration. my ipad and zwift picked it up immediately and I was on my first ride. No connection issues and love the movement.

Im all smiles so far. Cassette body is loud and they already found a solution which I'll get soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Hopeful the Kinetic R1 wired connection will work with Zwift [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As of last time I spoke with support the wired connection does not even work, The port is there but not operational.

I tried to use it for my small group classes with PerfPRO and it would not detect the ports.

Talked to support and they have no date on when a fix will be available

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply