Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Honu logistics
Quote | Reply
On saturday (or sunday) forgot when the race is, how long is the drive from Kona (staying at the King Kona Resort) to race site? Any traffic to
be expected?
Quote Reply
Re: Honu logistics [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome race...you're going to have a blast! I did it last year. If I remember correctly the drive from Kona to Hapuna Beach is about 45 minutes and there can be traffic getting out of Kona.
Quote Reply
Re: Honu logistics [sailnfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Remember that the swim start and finish are in two different places. If you park at the swim start, you will have to get back to your car on your own. You can park at the host hotel and take the shuttle before the race, but leave extra time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
drive out from town, it's no big deal. Your body will still be on MST so 4am will be easy. Park at Hapuna and then after the race just use the ride back to the car to loosen up. One of the_ best races I've done. Sooooo much fun. Wish I was going back. I LOVE THE B.I.

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: Honu logistics [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. Really looks like a fun race to do. First in 2 years...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's Saturday 5/31. There is designated parking at the Maunalani with shuttles to Hapuna. If you park at Hapuna you won't be able to leave for a while once the race starts. It finishes at Maunalani and that's where I park. It's about a 7 mile ride back out to Hapuna after and I don't feel much like hitting those rollers after the race.

John
"A profoundly peaceful run; a gift to myself" Frazz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
30-40 min to Hapuna but only 30 to Mauna Lani I'd park at the Mauna Lani parking (main shuttle point near the finish) and catch a shuttle over to Hapuna. Don't listen to MarkyV, he doesn't know what he's talking about. By the time you can go get your bike you'll be in NO mood to ride back to T1;) There might be traffic heading back into town on Friday though if you try to drop off your bike later in the afternoon. Guessing you'll drop it after the race meeting, if you know you go to the race meeting, in which case the timing should be fine and lighter traffic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How long are the shuttle waits and ride to T1 race morning? In the past I have parked at T1 to make sure I had plenty of time to set up etc. It is a pain, however, to get back to TI after the race...
Quote Reply
Re: Honu logistics [TriVelo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got in Kona yesterday...it's cloudy here, not really hot (at least compared to El Paso). Things look good. thanks for the info everyone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any Vog in town?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where's Dev to tell you to just suck it up and ride out? :) - at least then if there's a traffic jam you can ride past on the shoulder.
Quote Reply
Re: Honu logistics [Kagemusha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As soon as I know what a Vog is, I'll tell you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And maybe I am a lot shorter than I expected:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You will know it if you see it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just checked...mid range index...maybe why this am was announced as clear skies but it was greyish
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's nasty voggy...can't see the mountain tops. but the trades are blowing so hopefully it will clear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's the reason I have asthma.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: Honu logistics [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
indeed...but it was clear up Kohala coast unlike Kona that is really hazy...well...voggy.
Quote Reply