Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hoka world record vs Nike 4%
Quote | Reply
https://www.facebook.com/...&v=e&sfns=mo

Hoka world record attempt live tomorrow... will be interesting to watch (ok, maybe not the full 6h...). Even more interesting to watch will be the following race between hoka and the 4%.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka world record vs Nike 4% [CaliB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So was the quiet launch of the Evo Carbon Rocket+ a battlefield preparation for this marketing campaign?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apparently the Carbon x is a very slow shoe. Missed the world record by 1 hour!
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka world record vs Nike 4% [Testrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Testrider wrote:
Apparently the Carbon x is a very slow shoe. Missed the world record by 1 hour!

lol

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka world record vs Nike 4% [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maybe I missed the joke? I thought Jim Walmsley set a new WR for the 50mile at 4:50:08

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka world record vs Nike 4% [AlyraD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They were trying to break both the 50 miles and 100km records. He broke the 50 mile record by 43s which was really impressive but he gave it his all; he had to take a break and go much slower to still finish the full 100km. The course was perfect but while most of the trail was shaded, they chose a very exposed loop for the second part of the route. Was brutal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In order to have an official record for the 50 miles he had to finish the 100K. If had stopped at 50 miles the record would not count. So, he sat down and rested for a while and then slogged through the rest of the 100k.

Andrew Inkpen
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka world record vs Nike 4% [AndrewPhx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How does that make sense? Why would he have to run further than 50 miles to get the 50 miles world record?

instagram.com/42pointtwo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My only question is durability, if the Hoka's hold up better than the 4% then I'm all in.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka world record vs Nike 4% [42point2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How does that make sense? Why would he have to run further than 50 miles to get the 50 miles world record? //

Well if it is like swimming, you have to finish the distance of the race you started. I have seem guys go for times and records in the first 100 of a 200, blast all out, finish the 100 with a hand touch, then have to slog through the next 100 to have it be official. Probably the same for running, any split times would not count, as the race would be a DNF if he didn't finish it..

SO he got his world record, just not both of them, good on him.

Quote Reply
Re: Hoka world record vs Nike 4% [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are a few reviews of the Carbon X on you tube. The shoe was described to me in October as a Clifton with a Carbon Plate. The reviews seem to concur with that theme. The base nets are much wider on the Carbon X vs the Vapor Fly. That will make the Carbon X a great deal more supportive under the foot. The bottom half of the Carbon X is using a combination Compression Molded EVA and Rubber midsole. This should make the midsole fairly durable.

The only other comparison we have is the World Record attempts. In the marathon Kipchoge is running in the 4:30/mile range for 26.2. In London last week he closed with a 4:26 mile to break away from his final competitor. On Saturday Walmsley was running 5:46/mile. Both efforts are extreme efforts but the pacing is dramatically different.

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CaliB wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/HOKAONEONE/videos/411227046127234?s=226800124&v=e&sfns=mo

This link doesn't work anymore.
Do you have a correct link? I'm curious.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka world record vs Nike 4% [SDJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm definitely not sniffing a 4:26/mile, so I'm not terribly worried there. I'm loving that it's a 5mm drop vs. the 11m of the 4%. I'm excited to get a pair of Carbon x's at my local running shop and test drive them. I love the premise and would love to do a fall marathon in these if they capture the 4% feel with more durability and a little bit more natural strike (The 10mm throws me off a little).

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka world record vs Nike 4% [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think these are supposed to be anywhere the same as the 4%. Hoka and Sage Cannaday had some QAs on their Instagram accounts and it seemed the shoe was a more cushioned version of the rocket.

If youre wanting a more quick and responsive feeling shoe for racing I'd stick with the carbon rocket.

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply