23 Hauschildt, Melissa
24 Herlbauer, Michaela
25 Hufe, Mareen
26 Jackson, Heather
28 McCauley, Jocelyn
29 Pedersen, Camilla
30 Sali, Kaisa
31 Stienen, Astrid

Very cool, thanks for the reminder that this swim is going on today.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Ho'ala Swim Underway [sylvan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh wow..... this will be interesting. Lucy Charles for the win?

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Sylvan Smyth | http://www.sportstats.asia | sylvan@sportstats.asia | Starvas
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wiltshire 48:44, Sanders 52:38 - look out next week.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Close race! Harry Wiltshire wins by 0.1! Lucy Charles was 3 seconds back

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Ho'ala Swim Underway [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:

I would second that. Tim Don is strong too and may need to draft her to try for the win if he can outsprint!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sylvan wrote:

OK i missed this....this puts an entirely different spin on the Sanders Threads!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Ho'ala Swim Underway [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And Lionel swims 52:37. Right behind Kyle Buckingham and Matt Hanson.

The course is the same course as the IM course right?

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
And Lionel swims 52:37. Right behind Kyle Buckingham and Matt Hanson.

The course is the same course as the IM course right?
Same start, same course, but finishes on the other side of the pier. Might be a few metres longer if anything.

Quote Reply
Re: Ho'ala Swim Underway [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
sylvan wrote:

OK i missed this....this puts an entirely different spin on the Sanders Threads!!!

I am really impressed with this swim time. After watching his stroke in the videos that were posted the other day, I never would have thought that stroke could swim 52 min. Still..... he's got even more room to improve on the swim if he can swim that fast with that poor of a stroke.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think last year I was 56:high with no swim skin. I was in solid swim shape this time last year (compared to now). 52 is pretty awesome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After watching his stroke in the videos that were posted the other day, I never would have thought that stroke could swim 52 min. Still.....//

Before everyone gets too excited, remember this swim is 3 minutes or so shorter than the course we are used to comparing times to, and the finish inside the pier makes it shorter than the race day swim. And of course this is a flat out effort for Lionel, he will certainly not be able to swim this hard on race day, unlike the uber fish who can sustain an even faster pace with more people up front to draft off of and set a faster overall pace.

But this is where I said he would be at the best, along with Keinle about 4 minutes behind the leaders. This swim probably translates to 5 or 6 minutes behind because of all the things I just mentioned, but well within cobra striking distance of the leaders by the turnaround..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
sylvan wrote:

I am really impressed with this swim time. After watching his stroke in the videos that were posted the other day, I never would have thought that stroke could swim 52 min. Still..... he's got even more room to improve on the swim if he can swim that fast with that poor of a stroke.

+2 (been impressed)

My only question and Lionel knows the answer how hard did he swam today... Is it a Pace that he can repeat next weekend without taking too much out of him...

Just remembering Sebi swim 2015... and how much energy it took from him. He did appear very energic on the bike and run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:

Damn, nice time by Lucy. Someone said in the prediction thread that "if she's smart she'll find feet and save energy for the bike" but looking at the 2015 results... wouldn't the smart thing be for her to go for another 4 minute advantage starting the bike? I imagine she could even 'go easy' and still outswim all other pro females by 3 minutes. I'm no expert on swim drafting but I imagine that is faster enough that anyone trying to draft off her would end up overcooking themselves?

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Ho'ala Swim Underway [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lucy will have Lauren Brandon to swim with. The question will be, how many men will swim faster than those two.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Ho'ala Swim Underway [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So you personally know how hard Lionel swam?....interesting

David T-D
http://www.tilburydavis.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my question will be how quickly they catch up to Lionel :)

I should have checked the start list, had no idea Lauren was doing Kona. Exciting for the swim! they'll surely catch the last pack of males

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Ho'ala Swim Underway [tilburs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So you personally know how hard Lionel swam?....interesting //

Of course I do, is this confusing to you? Now we are talking about a guy that races most every workout, so in an actual "RACE" you think it is possible he sandbagged? Maybe to psych out the competition by going slow? Guaranteed he got on the fastest feet he could and drilled it to the finish. All the times in front of him including his, his history, and knowing what he is trying to accomplish points to him drilling the swim as hard as he could..

I find it interesting that anyone would think otherwise?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
So you personally know how hard Lionel swam?....interesting //

Of course I do, is this confusing to you? Now we are talking about a guy that races most every workout, so in an actual "RACE" you think it is possible he sandbagged? Maybe to psych out the competition by going slow? Guaranteed he got on the fastest feet he could and drilled it to the finish. All the times in front of him including his, his history, and knowing what he is trying to accomplish points to him drilling the swim as hard as he could..

In case you didn't know already, you are conversing with Lionel's coach.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
haha oh man monty. this one is up there in terms of dumb responses.

Lionel's Coach who is actually there with him wrote:
So you personally know how hard Lionel swam?....interesting
armchair expert - at this point anyway - monty wrote:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
After watching his stroke in the videos that were posted the other day, I never would have thought that stroke could swim 52 min. Still.....//

Before everyone gets too excited, remember this swim is 3 minutes or so shorter than the course we are used to comparing times to, and the finish inside the pier makes it shorter than the race day swim. And of course this is a flat out effort for Lionel, he will certainly not be able to swim this hard on race day, unlike the uber fish who can sustain an even faster pace with more people up front to draft off of and set a faster overall pace.

But this is where I said he would be at the best, along with Keinle about 4 minutes behind the leaders. This swim probably translates to 5 or 6 minutes behind because of all the things I just mentioned, but well within cobra striking distance of the leaders by the turnaround..

This is the new swim course set last year for both the practice swim and race day. So any time comparisons to last year are valid.
Quote Reply
Re: Ho'ala Swim Underway [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In case you didn't know already, you are conversing with Lionel's coach. //

I know exactly who it is and what he is trying to do, do you??

And to prove my point, anyone willing to bet that Lionel is farther back from the leader on race day??
Quote Reply
Re: Ho'ala Swim Underway [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the new swim course set last year for both the practice swim and race day. So any time comparisons to last year are valid. //

I agree, it is just that most people are still working off of what a 52 used to represent and have not factored in the new shorter course. So it is legit to look at Keinles time last year in the race and Lionel swim here, of course conditions play a factor but not as much as actually physically shortening the course..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
And to prove my point, anyone willing to bet that Lionel is farther back from the leader on race day??

I really don't think that was the point.

Here's a question for you: do you think the male leader out of the water will be below 48 on race day? Realistically, what do you think Amberger towing Frodo could look like, time-wise? If Lionel is out of the water withing 5-6 minutes of the male LEADER that's a pretty fucking huge win for him. THAT is the point of remarking on his swim time.
Quote Reply

Prev Next