(1) Alpha Win Racing | Facebook

Boots
Fleet Feet Rochester, NY
Fleet Feet Buffalo, NY
YellowJacket Racing, Rochester, NY
Quote Reply
Re: Hits Endurance now Alpha Win Racing??? [FF Boots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i noticed that too. curious as to what is going on. but unfortunately we have about as many replies to this topic as we do full distance racers at one of their events. (thank you thank you, ill be here all weekend!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Courtesy of Facebook post
Quote:
https://www.facebook.com/...ts/5073772929330984/.
. Saugerties, NY (January 22, 2021) HITS Endurance, a leading endurance race management group, announced today a rebrand of its identity and mission that reflects a deep dedication to athletes and their commitment to excellence in competition and health and wellness. At the heart of this rebranding is a change of the company name to Alpha Win and a complete redesign of the company logo to reflect the new name. Over the past decade, the company had established its status as a market leader in the triathlon and running communities. The new brand solidifies the company’s stance in offering a wide variety of racing opportunities and unparalleled customer service.

Coinciding with the unveiling of the new brand, Alpha Win is launching a new website (http://www.Alpha.Win) that focuses on its first 10 years of race experiences and features improved search tools for locating the perfect race for athletes at all competitive levels.

“Our vision is to make every athlete who competes at an Alpha Win event feel like the dominant, AlphaMale or AlphaFemale that he or she can be. Whether it is a podium finish, an age group win or a personal best, every AlphaMale or AlphaFemale will feel a sense of accomplishment at our races,” said Tommy Struzzieri, President and CEO of Alpha Win. “The rebrand is not just cosmetic. We have taken this opportunity to commence a period of growth through acquisitions of existing events and creation of new events and to evolve and improve our approach to the market as a whole.”

Alpha Win recently acquired the race lineup of Renegade Racing, a premier race management group with events centered in Southern California. Alpha Win has also acquired the Lake George Triathlon Festival, a popular race that takes place in the Village of Lake George, New York during Labor Day Weekend. Along with acquisitions, Alpha Win is returning to Grand Junction, Colorado to resurrect an annual triathlon that it had produced for several years before a hiatus beginning in 2016. Alpha Win Lake George and Alpha Win Grand Junction registrations are now open. As the future of the pandemic becomes clearer, Alpha will start to open registration for Renegade Racing events.

“We have several other first-time events and race acquisitions that we are pursuing right now that will continue to fill out a race calendar that we hope will appeal to athletes of all abilities in all geographic locations across the United States,” said Tommy Struzzieri. “First and foremost we want to thank all of our wonderful participants who have helped us grow these last 10 years. It has been an incredible journey as HITS Endurance and now we are looking forward to the next chapter. “We expect to continue to delight the athletes who have followed us over the past years and to attract new participants who are seeking their next incredible race experience.”

Alpha Win is the successor organization of HITS Endurance, which itself was a division of HITS, LLC. Alpha Win has been organizing endurance events under the HITS Endurance name since 2011. HITS, LLC is a multi-faceted company with more than 40 years’ experience in event production. Prior to 2011, its sole focus was on equestrian events that continue to take place all across the country. It is a global leader in equestrian sports and the largest producer of hunter jumper horse shows in the country. HITS, LLC is headquartered in upstate New York in the Village of Saugerties.

For more information on Alpha Win, go to: http://www.Alpha.Win

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: Hits Endurance now Alpha Win Racing??? [SDCali] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's great that they have the rights to the Renegade events...I just hope that they learn how to run things properly.
Last year the fall marathon in Omaha was about a mile longer than 26.2 - I can see how it could bug some people....

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yea cause I hear “Alpha Win” and immediately think market leader in endurance sports and deep dedication to athletes. Must be why HITS Palm Springs had 1 aid station for the half, completely open roads, no volunteers, and all their bags from t1 thrown in a pile with zero security. Oh and racing in an unlit horse park with 1000s upon 1000s of horse flys screams athletes first.

I hope they fire the old staff and start fresh. I personally will never do any of their races

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Market leader in triathlon??? Leading in the category of least competitors, least number volunteers and aid stations.

I really really despise the blatant lying from companies and people these days, it’s horseshit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like they split "Wild Horse" from "Triathlon".

Good move. As much as you can lead those triathletes to water, you really can't make them jump over obstacles, however tiny they might be.

Triathlon events need to be more organized like fashion or color fun runs with VIP service, many watering holes, and (for heavens sake!) without obstacles or challenges.

I guess they finally got the hint that the 'grassroots' approach doesn't work to attract todays' athleisure customers.

Hope they buy a lot of red carpet.

Last edited by: windschatten: Jan 22, 21 19:54
Quote Reply
Re: Hits Endurance now Alpha Win Racing??? [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sbernardi wrote:
Yea cause I hear “Alpha Win” and immediately think market leader in endurance sports and deep dedication to athletes. Must be why HITS Palm Springs had 1 aid station for the half, completely open roads, no volunteers, and all their bags from t1 thrown in a pile with zero security. Oh and racing in an unlit horse park with 1000s upon 1000s of horse flys screams athletes first.

I hope they fire the old staff and start fresh. I personally will never do any of their races

Not affiliated with HITS or ALPHA, but this kind of comments make me cringe and are a reason why Grassroots RD have a hard time nowadays.

If/when I would have signed up for a race that costs the fraction of the price of a fully catered party:
I certainly would expect the unexpected, take precautions (self-support) and not leave anything to chance.
Last edited by: windschatten: Jan 22, 21 23:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Alpha Win has also acquired the Lake George Triathlon Festival, a popular race that takes place in the Village of Lake George, New York during Labor Day Weekend"

Wow, surprised at this. I know it was part of the adirondack sports group or something like that, so not sure if it was truly independent, but lake george seemed to be one of the stronger non IM/Rev3/Hits/similar races in the northeast...
Quote Reply
Re: Hits Endurance now Alpha Win Racing??? [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m sorry the truth hurts you. I was there. I was literally at the 1 half aid station manned with 1 person, and at the 1 full aid station giving them all the nutrition I had in my car as they were out.

I was there watching a girl try and so the 1/2 course on a flat bar bike, crying and pushing her bike up a hill, completely out of water. I gave her all I had.

I was in the horse park that you had no idea where to run because it was not lit and marked.

My friend saw a racer hit by a car because there was no volunteers at off ramps where the course went by.

Grassroots races are great up to say an Olympic. Past that, if I am racing, I want a know quantity.

Why do you think it was so easy for IM to move in and out La Quinta on their date.

Rant over. I do hope they are successful, but their name is poor, and their history with me is the same.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Market Leader... almost spit out my coffee.

Rebranding to distance themselves from their poor reputation is more my guess.

The sport benefits from more independent race producers so I do wish them luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Hits Endurance now Alpha Win Racing??? [Grantbot21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grantbot21 wrote:
Market leader in triathlon??? Leading in the category of least competitors, least number volunteers and aid stations.

I really really despise the blatant lying from companies and people these days, it’s horseshit.

Bingo! I raced one HITS event. It wasn't terrible, but it certainly fell into the bucket of "you get what you pay for". It will be interesting to see if Alpha will make the necessary changes or remain a bottom feeding event organizer in the tri-space.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From a business point of view I just don’t get it

Ok we are going to change the name but then refer to the original name again and again in our press release

A name which by almost all accounts was a failure and had horrible ratings

I am very curious who put up good money on such a flawed business plan in my opinion
Quote Reply
Re: Hits Endurance now Alpha Win Racing??? [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrTri123 wrote:
From a business point of view I just don’t get it

Ok we are going to change the name but then refer to the original name again and again in our press release

A name which by almost all accounts was a failure and had horrible ratings

I am very curious who put up good money on such a flawed business plan in my opinion

I was always surprised that they used "HITS" to begin with. "HITS" is short for "Horse shows In The Sun" (they started as a Florida horse show circuit). It made no sense to use the name for triathlons.

HITS doesn't have a great reputation in the hunter-jumper scene either. Their Culpeper Virginia facility is renowned for being very poorly maintained.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
Sbernardi wrote:

Not affiliated with HITS or ALPHA, but this kind of comments make me cringe and are a reason why Grassroots RD have a hard time nowadays.

If/when I would have signed up for a race that costs the fraction of the price of a fully catered party:
I certainly would expect the unexpected, take precautions (self-support) and not leave anything to chance.

There are great smaller "grass roots" triathlon producers in this country. In my area Without Limits is amazing and I do several of their races every year. More of the top Boulder area amateurs should do their races. I did a HITS race once and it was a joke of unpreparedness and disorganization. The bike was an out and back. I was in second place overall, looking at my computer thinking the turnaround should have been a mile ago. Then up ahead I see the lead moto coming at me with the guy in 1st place. The moto guy told me to just turn around right there because the race org had not set up the turnaround yet and we had passed where it was supposed to be. So I was just to flip around on the tail of the leader, given at least a free full minute on the poor guy.

I passed him and won. At the end I told him I was willing to support him in a protest but he graciously declined to protest and took second.

Also branding their whole company around the concept of "alpha male" and "alpha female" does not sound like a culture I want to participate in....

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: Jan 25, 21 10:08
Quote Reply
Re: Hits Endurance now Alpha Win Racing??? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
Bingo! I raced one HITS event. It wasn't terrible, but it certainly fell into the bucket of "you get what you pay for".

I've only done one HITS event, and the majority of local parks & rec reverse sprints I've done were better run (and cheaper, as well...)

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply
Re: Hits Endurance now Alpha Win Racing??? [Warbird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I gotta admit that I thought HITS Would have died years ago but apparently there is a market niche for poorly attended races where people Have a high probability to be on the podium with the other two (or fewer) people in their age group.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
I gotta admit that I thought HITS Would have died years ago but apparently there is a market niche for poorly attended races where people Have a high probability to be on the podium with the other two (or fewer) people in their age group.

No. its the affordability factor. I did a full for $150 thanks to a tri club promo i had. Perhaps stop selling the "anyone can be an ironman dream". Even ironbrand screws up, but their sheep are forgiving
Quote Reply
Re: Hits Endurance now Alpha Win Racing??? [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You and two dozen other finishers can't be wrong! Really, HITS fulls were so poorly attended, you might as well have just done a self-supported full distance challenge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
You and two dozen other finishers can't be wrong! Really, HITS fulls were so poorly attended, you might as well have just done a self-supported full distance challenge.

i actually did a self supported one a year before signing up. I ended up going 3hr faster in the HITS race. It because of the snobbery they are poorly attended, you know those people who get ironbrand tattoos
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You keep telling yourself that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have done HITS Napa 3 times, and loved it every time. Still my favorite race. I also like racing local, and realize that there will be 1 person at an aid station. The Aid stations may be small, but they have also always been transparent in athlete briefings where the aid stations are going to be. If you arent prepared for it, thats on you.

Insta: Trihennessy - Out Rival Racing Elite Team
- Roka - WattieInk - NormaTec - QUINTANA ROO - Profile Design - Pioneer - Gatorade Endurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:

i actually did a self supported one a year before signing up. I ended up going 3hr faster in the HITS race. It because of the snobbery they are poorly attended, you know those people who get ironbrand tattoos

Maybe because HITT race courses are so short?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:

Not specific to HITS, ALPHA, or any other ‘Newcomers’ in Race Management, but more a general observation:

The above represents one of the ugly sides of Triathlon’s success:
The development of the entitlement attitude/crowd, the need to brag/up others (equipment/times), loss of understanding of the nature of competition (soul) and, as above,
the disrespect of fellow competitors (spirit).

But, it’s all good. They can have their catered events, where they can bitch and moan about actually having to swim, the bike course not being accurate/flat, the lack of shade/ice on the run.
Please stay away from grassroots events, because you would be feeling as out of place as others would feel annoyed/aggravated by your ‘attendance’.

Last edited by: windschatten: Jan 25, 21 19:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gotta love the Ironman haters and the incredible assumptions they make. Please don't tarnish quality grass roots events by including HITS events on the same par. Perhaps you've missed the many threads here about their legacy of incompetence.
Quote Reply

Prev Next