Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hiking: Hoka Kaha v. Tor Ultra
Quote | Reply
Any hikers our there with opinions on Hoka's Kaha or Tor Ultra HI 2 WP?

We've been taking advantage of the PNW trails outside of Seattle as a socially distant escape activity. Looking for a hiker with a wide toebox that will keep high arches happy and dry along the way. Hoka's Bondi has served me well as a trail shoe, so started my search with Hoka's hiking line.

Lots of opinions out there on the www, but Slowtwitch knows best. Opinions welcome.

edit: links
Last edited by: GreatScott: May 20, 20 13:59
Quote Reply
Re: Hiking: Hoka Kaha v. Tor Ultra [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
Any hikers our there with opinions on Hoka's Kaha or Tor Ultra HI 2 WP?

We've been taking advantage of the PNW trails outside of Seattle as a socially distant escape activity. Looking for a hiker with a wide toebox that will keep high arches happy and dry along the way. Hoka's Bondi has served me well as a trail shoe, so started my search with Hoka's hiking line.

Lots of opinions out there on the www, but Slowtwitch knows best. Opinions welcome.

edit: links

i wear kaha now. it's fine. it's good. the tor ultra hi wp was the best. but can't get them anymore. only thing, i wear the same size in the tor ultra hi wp as i do in the bondi. in the haka i wear a half-size larger.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could consider the speedgoat mid as well. That's my hiking shoe right now. Didnt like them for running but hiking is great. Toe box is still a bit narrow if you are looking for a wider toebox but mine have loosened up over the miles.
Quote Reply
Re: Hiking: Hoka Kaha v. Tor Ultra [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback. I take it the tor ultra hi 2 devolved from the original, to the point you prefer the Kaha?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. I take it the tor ultra hi 2 devolved from the original, to the point you prefer the Kaha?

i think i prefer the original. but the Kaha is fine.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an older version of the Tor for about 4-5 years now. Best lightweight hiker ever. Roomy and not as hot as my main hiking boots which are Asolos. Love the Hokas...

Randy Christofferson(http://www.rcmioga.blogspot.com

Insert Doubt. Erase Hope. Crush Dreams.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hike in my old pair of Cliftons. Found them to be very comfy. Bondi 3s on the other hand have an exceptionally slippage prone bottom surfaces, Going down a steep hillside in them was no fun.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Hiking: Hoka Kaha v. Tor Ultra [rcmioga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bummed they are no longer available! Not sure of the differences between the OG and v2, but may give them a shot nonetheless.

The wife is leaning towards the Kaha, so we’ll have our own little sample size for comparison.
Quote Reply
Re: Hiking: Hoka Kaha v. Tor Ultra [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My main problem with the shoes is water. It’s wet it our woods. Waterproof boots are essential.
Quote Reply