Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

High HR & shortness of breath
Quote | Reply
Every year around this time, many times as I train my HR soars to 226 and I have shortness of breath. I really haven't increased my training much ,but it happens about 25% of the time. I've been to 2 cardiologists( in Denver and NYC) and they have ruled out SVT etc. they think it may just be PAC's and tell me not to worry. I've spoken to other cardiologists that are athletes and they don't have an answer either. I've been to a pulmonary sports doc and he's ruled out allergy and excercised induced asthma. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks......
Quote Reply
Re: High HR & shortness of breath [Gems] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had that same issue for many many years. In my case, and probably most others, it wasn't anything serious. It drove me crazy for a long time because I thought it was going to kill me. I went to three different cardiologists who all said there was nothing wrong. If you've been to doctors you trust, you can probably rest easily. As for what causes it, I don't think anyone knows for sure. Strangely, for me, it happens to me far less as my fitness improves. By the middle of the season it's gone almost completely. Then it gradually comes back as my fitness drops. I guess it's just mother nature telling me to get my ass on the bike!
Quote Reply