Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

High HRV Stress Score After 2nd Covid Vaccine
Quote | Reply
Received the second Pfizer vaccine yesterday. This morning my HRV stress score is showing an extremely high stress level.

Nothing changed in my workout routine to drive that much of a spike. I feel okay this morning … other than anxiety over the score.

Have you seen anything similar with HRV spiking after your vaccine? Were your workouts impacted the day after either shot?
Quote Reply
Re: High HRV Stress Score After 2nd Covid Vaccine [Ovid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While I'm not using HRV stress score, I am using Garmin body battery. It shows low stress after the shot (and workout I did) and it went up to 100% that night.

I get my second shot (of Pfizer) in 8 days. I'll pay attention to what it does.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not me particularly, but friend was worn out for 2 weeks. His runs were slower than normal and HR while running was 170bpm+. Took him 1-2 weeks to get back to normal. Besides that no other symptoms.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ovid wrote:
Received the second Pfizer vaccine yesterday. This morning my HRV stress score is showing an extremely high stress level.

Nothing changed in my workout routine to drive that much of a spike. I feel okay this morning … other than anxiety over the score.

Have you seen anything similar with HRV spiking after your vaccine? Were your workouts impacted the day after either shot?

the hrv response is common post other vaccination, e.g. yearly fluvax
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I work in a clinic that is distributing vaccines for the area. Some people are getting wrecked by both doses. They make people recline in treatment chairs when receiving the shot to make sure they don't have a really bad reaction. When I see people at drive up places getting jabbed through the window I think, Oh great, like Florida drivers aren't bad enough, Ha!!

Some people that have had covid are getting absolutely trashed by the first shot and are refusing the second. A few have said covid was easier to deal with. And some people don't even blink with either doses.

You mileage may vary.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup! Received Pfizer, where the first shot was a breeze, the second dose was much more extreme. Typical RHR is 45, RHR ~16 hrs after the shot ran up to 60. These figures I only experience when I'm sick (which is rare).
Quote Reply
Re: High HRV Stress Score After 2nd Covid Vaccine [mryanbig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mryanbig wrote:
Yup! Received Pfizer, where the first shot was a breeze, the second dose was much more extreme. Typical RHR is 45, RHR ~16 hrs after the shot ran up to 60. These figures I only experience when I'm sick (which is rare).

wow, if it was me seeing RHR changes like that i'd be really worried!
this is what gets me about the official line that vaccines are entirely safe. i'm no anti-vax conspiracy theorist but for a vaccine to be effective it has to provoke a significant reaction from the immune system. sometimes, if the immune system is not in a fit state to react accordingly or just because we are all individual, that reaction will go haywire and some level of bad response will occur - ranging from feeling mildly unwell to major long-term issues. now the benefits of the vaccine may well still outweigh that small risk but it seems to me that the official line of "just trust us, its 100% safe" is even more crazy than the rabid ant-vaxxers. few things in life are black and white
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The point of a shot is to induce a immune response. While everyone responds differently, feeling unwell or having a higher heart rate is not a "bad" response. It's the whole point.

Unlike actually having covid, there isn't a chance of lasting damage. Stop worrying and rest till you feel ready to train again.

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: High HRV Stress Score After 2nd Covid Vaccine [pk1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pk1 wrote:
now the benefits of the vaccine may well still outweigh that small risk but it seems to me that the official line of "just trust us, its 100% safe" is even more crazy than the rabid ant-vaxxers. few things in life are black and white

Using quotation marks suggest you are quoting a source verbatim; so it’s incumbent upon you to produce the original quote.

Even if you arent intending that (and are intending a general sense of things), that’s still far from any official message i’ve read. Administration of two different vaccines were literally halted in numerous jurisdictions due to safety concerns. If you can’t make cogent arguments without resorting to misquoting, misrepresentation, and hyperbole, you really ought to hone your persuasive writing skills.

Lastly, fine bit of false equivalence there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is another thread about pfizer vaccine and heart inflammation.

Good reminder to take it seriously, don't push it.
Last edited by: MadTownTRI: Apr 26, 21 9:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ovid wrote:

Check the other thread dude. Most active and young people had a huge reaction on the second shot because of a strong immune response.

It's not unusual. It's actually an indicator of good health. Now go relax and get your RHR back down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ovid wrote:

Very interesting. I had a similar response to my second Pfizer shot. Very *high* HRV and RHR. No fever, chills etc but quite tired for the first couple of days. I walked into town the day after (~5km) and coming home up the hill felt more like the end of a 20k run Smile

Alan Couzens, M.Sc. (Sports Science)
Exercise Physiologist/Coach
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Alan_Couzens
Web: https://alancouzens.com
Last edited by: Alan Couzens: Apr 27, 21 7:32
Quote Reply
Re: High HRV Stress Score After 2nd Covid Vaccine [Alan Couzens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alan Couzens wrote:
Ovid wrote:

Very interesting. I had a similar response to my second Pfizer shot. Very *high* HRV and RHR. No fever, chills etc but quite tired for the first couple of days. I walked into town the day after (~5km) and coming home up the hill felt more like the end of a 20k run Smile

I slept over 10 hours three straight nights following the second Phizer shot. My RHR was elevated. I bagged training the day after the shot and took it easier over the next couple of days. Everyone is different, but I've noticed a lot of active people are having a big immune response to the second shot.
Quote Reply
Re: High HRV Stress Score After 2nd Covid Vaccine [Raw Vegan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Raw Vegan wrote:
Alan Couzens wrote:
Ovid wrote:

I slept over 10 hours three straight nights following the second Phizer shot. My RHR was elevated. I bagged training the day after the shot and took it easier over the next couple of days. Everyone is different, but I've noticed a lot of active people are having a big immune response to the second shot.

Its funny I had the opposite reaction on the night after. I felt like I was on a bad trip and I couldn't sleep at all. Some GI distress the next day but after about 24 hrs I was normal again. My wife spent had terrible nausea and headache but again, gone the next day. Really not a big deal overall.

Professional Athlete: http://jordancheyne.wordpress.com/ http://www.strava.com/athletes/145340

Coaching Services:http://www.peakformcoaching.com/

Quote Reply
Re: High HRV Stress Score After 2nd Covid Vaccine [Alan Couzens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alan Couzens wrote:
Ovid wrote:

similar my reaction. the day after was a 2 mile run, very slow, and a 1500 yard swim, hard to finish. but i'm glad i did the swim, because my arm felt like it was going to fall off for the first 300 yards, but by 1000 hards the arm pain was gone.

i got my 2nd shot (pfizer) on the 11th of april. i've done a lot of quality workouts since then. the first few days were a little on the rocky side, but fine since. what i do note, now, is that i feel a lot safer, freer, the wife and i booked intl travel in august, i've got my proof of vaccination, so, i'll trade the sub-par training day for the benefits vaccination provide.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: High HRV Stress Score After 2nd Covid Vaccine [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Alan Couzens wrote:
Ovid wrote:

similar my reaction. the day after was a 2 mile run, very slow, and a 1500 yard swim, hard to finish. but i'm glad i did the swim, because my arm felt like it was going to fall off for the first 300 yards, but by 1000 hards the arm pain was gone.

i got my 2nd shot (pfizer) on the 11th of april. i've done a lot of quality workouts since then. the first few days were a little on the rocky side, but fine since. what i do note, now, is that i feel a lot safer, freer, the wife and i booked intl travel in august, i've got my proof of vaccination, so, i'll trade the sub-par training day for the benefits vaccination provide.

Ditto. Immediately celebrated by booking a trip to the Grand Canyon. A few days of tiredness/discomfort are a very small price to pay for being able to move around the country/planet and explore again. And the whole not dying from Covid thing is pretty cool too! Smile

Alan Couzens, M.Sc. (Sports Science)
Exercise Physiologist/Coach
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Alan_Couzens
Web: https://alancouzens.com
Last edited by: Alan Couzens: Apr 27, 21 9:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got second moderna shot yesterday.

My RHR was up 1-3bpm last night (usually 36, was 39) and my HRV was at 57 (usually 60-70, but not uncommon to be high 40s either the night after a hard workout)

Besides sore arm, no effect on me (yet)
Quote Reply