Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hey Freestyle (and any other young guns),
Quote | Reply
I just read in another thread that your 15. Until today, I thought I was the youngest one on this forum (I turned 16 not too long ago). I was wondering if you, or any other people who are close to my age, want to start up a chat online. My e-mail, and I think my AIM, is listed in my profile on this site so you can drop me an e-mail. It'd be pretty cool if I could finally talk to another person who is serious about this sport and around my age. There's not a huge community of triathletes in Pa or anywhere in the world who are 18 or under. Haha. Thanks, man.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Freestyle (and any other young guns), [bigd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey bigd, im 18 (19 in Nov), i am also from PA, but i am at JMU, in virginia right now. What part of PA are you from. I'd be interested in starting the chat though

Bob
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Freestyle (and any other young guns), [bigd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damn, i guess im a little too old then....19, although, i was the youngest male @ IMC...

i would love to start a chat though if you guys dont mind.

-kevin

"Anyone can work hard when they want to; Champions do it when they don't."
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Freestyle (and any other young guns), [Kevin_Queens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey guys, i just turned 18 and i would say im a very serious, or getting there - beejing and melbourne, then hawaii!

kevin - how did you get on at imc? your so much younger than most doing im, i was totally advised against it by every1! would love to here your story..
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Freestyle (and any other young guns), [swift_sam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, IMC at 19!!! Whoa! =0 !!!! Hats off to you!
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Freestyle (and any other young guns), [swift_sam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i had planned on doing sprints all summer, as well as one 1/2 IM. I didnt really train for the 1/2 and it was more of a hamper on my racing season (10 races, all sprints). Somehow, i placed top 3 in my age group for IMC (5:28:00) and the rolldown got to me. I took the spot.

This left me 4 intense volume weeks to get ready for ironman, and a 2 week taper (i missed most of the workouts in the taper)...it was interesting. I did hire a coach though to get me through it. The swim and bike were ok, but the run was brutal. Finished in 14:16:01. I am slightly pissed @ myself for not being properly trained, and am thinking of doing it again next season, this time, trained and hoping to go sub-12. I think what saved me was youth. I recovered quite well from the intense build period (longest ride went from 50k-90k-130k-170k-180 over 5 week period), and stupidity ;)

It was quite the experience. I definitly wouldnt reccomend the route that i took though on training, this year i want to start base work in november, and hire a coach for the 6 months leading up to the race to get the miles in that will allow me not to bonk.

it was definitly a great experience though.

-kevin

"Anyone can work hard when they want to; Champions do it when they don't."
Last edited by: Kevin_Queens: Sep 3, 03 16:44
Quote Reply