Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hey Art - FL Time Trial Championship
Quote | Reply
Hey Art,

Based on the website you sent me months ago, it appears that the State TT championship will be in St. Augustine this year, in August. Do you know whether that is correct as it has been in WPB last years? Perhaps there is more than one. Can you feed me some information. I'm charged to do this one. Had great fun at St. A's and really like the 40K distance race.

Congrats, by the way, on your St. A's time. Very strong. Your self-deprecating manner is undercut by your results!

Robert Alfert
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Art - FL Time Trial Championship [RA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the nice words about my St. Anthony's effort. It was my best race so far, but still just a 60th percential performance in my age group.

I was really ticked that they moved the time trial to St. Augustine this year. It has been in West Palm for about five years. I will probably pass on it since it is one week after IM Lake Placid this year.

I can find very little information on the race other than that it is on 8/3 in St. Augustine. Wish I could be more helpful. Here is the only web site I have: http://www.florida-cycling.com/Calendars/Racing.asp
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Art - FL Time Trial Championship [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
53 of 129 in a race the draws an international field is anything but disappointing. You're my senior by 10 years and still put a licking on me on the swim and the run. My bike was my only saving grace. I will probably do the St. Augustine TT since it is closer to my home in Orlando. Give it a second consideration. Should be fun.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Art - FL Time Trial Championship [RA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You nailed the part about being 10 years older. These old bones are still recovering from St. Anthony's two weeks ago. IM Lake Placid trashes me for a good month every year. Last year I got sick so it was more like two months.

The Florida time trial is a really fun race. You will be amazed how fast you go when you are out on the road with a few hundred other riders. Hopefully they will have a fast course like WPB. I will probably go up and do the WPB course in a few weeks, but it won't be the same without all the riders.

Last year the winner in my age group started two minutes behind me. I averaged 22.5, but it only took him nine minutes to blow by me. He was averaging about 27. Ouch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Art, your ticked???? As you say its been in WPB for 5 years,try having to drive down there or Naples to do a TT,its about time we north Florida guys get one up here,if i am correct it was in naples for three years.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey Art - FL Time Trial Championship [randall t] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess you are right. Fair is fair. I admit it, I am spoiled. Actually, I like being spoiled.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know by having them in the south part of the state they have a better turnout but i also know that when they were in Naples people from West Florida would not go,to long of a drive,I have not done one in three or four years just because of the drive (alone most of the time)
Quote Reply