Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Henri Schoeman in the spot light......How did we not know he tested Positive for Banned Substance in Rio.
Quote | Reply

Or did I miss something and this is old news?

https://sputniknews.com/world/201801171060833854-olympics-doping-schoeman-tested/

http://www.sweat7.com
Facebook Page: Sweat7
Twitter: @sweat7coaching
Last edited by: salmonsteve: Jan 18, 18 0:39
Quote Reply
Re: Henri Schoeman in the spot light......How did we not know he tested Positive for Banned Substance in Rio. [salmonsteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I am going to ignore this one and wait until a more trustworthy source reports this.

From Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/...putnik_(news_agency)):
Quote:
According to The New York Times, Sputnik engages in bias and disinformation,[5] and has been described by Foreign Policy magazine and the Centre for European Policy Analysis as being a Russian propaganda outlet.
Quote Reply
Re: Henri Schoeman in the spot light......How did we not know he tested Positive for Banned Substance in Rio. [salmonsteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been waiting/hoping for this to come out.

The reports of how sick he was leading into the Olympic Games and then to turn it around and look as smooth and effortless he looked the whole time on such a demanding course was a huge red flag. Thanking his doctors right after the race...

Go back and look at his results before the Games and none of them showed promise of a 3rd place medal.

Is this the same drug that Wiggins was using?

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply
Re: Henri Schoeman in the spot light......How did we not know he tested Positive for Banned Substance in Rio. [Brandes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brandes wrote:

That was Triamcinolone, if you mean the injections he had before various Grand Tours.

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Prednisolone is good stuff.....in the short term
Quote Reply
Re: Henri Schoeman in the spot light......How did we not know he tested Positive for Banned Substance in Rio. [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Too lazy to go and have a look, if this is true who came 4th and gets the Bronze?
Quote Reply
Re: Henri Schoeman in the spot light......How did we not know he tested Positive for Banned Substance in Rio. [Brandes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brandes wrote:
I've been waiting/hoping for this to come out.

The reports of how sick he was leading into the Olympic Games and then to turn it around and look as smooth and effortless he looked the whole time on such a demanding course was a huge red flag. Thanking his doctors right after the race...

Go back and look at his results before the Games and none of them showed promise of a 3rd place medal.

I don't think his performance was that out of the ordinary from memory, he's a front pack swimmer who managed to break with and draft off the Brownlee's on the bike who just managed to hold on on the run.

He got lucky with his strengths/the course and being in the same race as the Brownlee's.
Quote Reply
Re: Henri Schoeman in the spot light......How did we not know he tested Positive for Banned Substance in Rio. [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
Too lazy to go and have a look, if this is true who came 4th and gets the Bronze?
I don't think so.
IOC knew and ignored him testing positive.

Anyway it was Richard Murray. 4th that is

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Henri Schoeman in the spot light......How did we not know he tested Positive for Banned Substance in Rio. [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His performance pre Olympics and post Cozumel are not those of a bronze medalist, he easily outran ppl he never had before and never has since. I had thought his performances were too suss, and now I have been proven right.
Now makes me RE question the positive by the Brit in Cozumel that was swept under the carpet as dodgy meat. Thought was all types of cover ups going on then, this sure doesn't make me think differently.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go back and look at the articles about him right before Rio. There are many that go into length about how sick he was DAYS before the games... and then he pops out a 3rd place on a hot hard day... who can recover from such an illness??

Last edited by: Brandes: Jan 18, 18 5:17
Quote Reply
Re: Henri Schoeman in the spot light......How did we not know he tested Positive for Banned Substance in Rio. [chrisb12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly right on both sides.

The fact that the South African federation hasn’t done anything, and why should they say anything? (Which is sad as that’s their job)

He is a professional athlete, he knows what he took is illegal, why didn’t he request a TUE right away? Of course after he medaled he won’t come back and say, “oh i should have gotten a TUE”... he decided to wait and hope it would just go away. Now it just looks even worse

Quote Reply
Re: Henri Schoeman in the spot light......How did we not know he tested Positive for Banned Substance in Rio. [Jorgan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jorgan wrote:
Brandes wrote:

That was Triamcinolone, if you mean the injections he had before various Grand Tours.

Was Froome that had the Tue's for prednisolone. Must be cheap in SA .
Quote Reply
Re: Henri Schoeman in the spot light......How did we not know he tested Positive for Banned Substance in Rio. [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:
Jackets wrote:
I don't think so.

Interesting thing would be if he lost his 1st place in cozumel grand final, meaning jonny would have been 1st and world champion over Mola.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think everybody should read the article and think about it a little before posting a reply here. I think some of the people only read the headline and Henri is immediately damned for all Eternity.

Two important points:

- this article is based on 3 random emails in the middle of a long exchange. And they mention all the time they are looking for the correct documents. So it is totally possible that the documents were in place, just not in the hands of whoever wrote the email in that moment. This article gives a very limited look on possibly big and long story, and sells that as facts
- this is a Russian news portal which is known for their, lets say, pre-established look on doping, and Russian doping especially. This articles crying three times that everybody is doping during Olympic games, but poor Russians are excluded from the Winter games in South Korea. Together with the point above I am not sure if this is really the most reliable news-site for this kind of possible "facts"

Maybe we should all relax a little and see if more media are able to come up with an in-depth report of the situation.

Could be (yet another of hundreds) case of "legal doping" with exemptions for medical reasons. Its really frustrating how apparently easy it is get these exemptions, like those poor asthmatic cyclists, but if the rules are like that, its possible that Henri got some medication that with help of paperwork was legal to help with his sickness.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brandes wrote:
Go back and look at the articles about him right before Rio. There are many that go into length about how sick he was DAYS before the games... and then he pops out a 3rd place on a hot hard day... who can recover from such an illness??

prednisolone will do that to you...i have had it for hives on 2 occasions. Only had for a few days in a row but had some killer workouts! I think it was david millar who said glucocorticoids were better than most of everything else in the world of doping (in his opinion).
Long term use can be nasty though, but its often prescribed in short bursts. To the average joe, if you have a fever, a doc wouldnt give you pred. Its like dropping an atom bomb on a mosquito bite. But if you have an important race coming up and a tue would cover it? then yep, pred it is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.runridedive.com/...mans-olympic-bronze/

"Under Šavija’s guidance, Schoeman added to global event’s curious trend of the use of unconventional conditioning techniques."
Quote Reply
Re: Henri Schoeman in the spot light......How did we not know he tested Positive for Banned Substance in Rio. [SidSnot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are your thoughts on this?

Quote Reply
Re: Henri Schoeman in the spot light......How did we not know he tested Positive for Banned Substance in Rio. [SidSnot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Strange article. After checking the blood count etc and despite feeling at his worst he was given the go ahead to race and all was well again? Then a half ass attempt to maybe link recovery to ems (in which how the hell would that help infection and fever anyway)??.... that all raises more questions than answers.
Quote Reply
Re: Henri Schoeman in the spot light......How did we not know he tested Positive for Banned Substance in Rio. [ABSURDO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ABSURDO wrote:
PJC wrote:
Jackets wrote:
I don't think so.

Interesting thing would be if he lost his 1st place in cozumel grand final, meaning jonny would have been 1st and world champion over Mola.

Now we're talking!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
salmonsteve wrote:

Or did I miss something and this is old news?

https://sputniknews.com/world/201801171060833854-olympics-doping-schoeman-tested/

do you have another source for this ? a quick search with his name and doping gives me your article and this thread ...
Quote Reply
Re: Henri Schoeman in the spot light......How did we not know he tested Positive for Banned Substance in Rio. [chrisb12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chrisb12 wrote:
His performance pre Olympics and post Cozumel are not those of a bronze medalist, he easily outran ppl he never had before and never has since. I had thought his performances were too suss, and now I have been proven right.
Now makes me RE question the positive by the Brit in Cozumel that was swept under the carpet as dodgy meat. Thought was all types of cover ups going on then, this sure doesn't make me think differently.

from the article, and what the article was really about all along:

"The shocking revelation comes as the world braces for this year's Winter Olympics amid an ongoing doping probe that has left multiple Russian athletes without the right to compete — despite all having tested negative in the run-up to the games... Russia has repeatedly denied accusations that it ran a doping program but acknowledges that national sports face some problems with doping that are being tackled now. Despite the lack of evidence, the investigation triggered a massive scandal, which resulted in sanctions against Russian athletes while depriving many of them of medals won at the 2014 Sochi Olympics"

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Henri Schoeman in the spot light......How did we not know he tested Positive for Banned Substance in Rio. [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read the same thing. “I was very sick and everything checked out... but look I’m doing EMS training and that’s the difference maker to my bronze medal” ....right

Quote Reply
Re: Henri Schoeman in the spot light......How did we not know he tested Positive for Banned Substance in Rio. [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right. We can have our popcorn ready. The referenced Fancy Bear (if the document really was from them) is the Russian state hacking service. With the Russians butthurt, they'll be working to embarrass the IOC and athletes from other countries where ever possible.

Sometimes it'll be BS. Sometimes it might be legit "whistleblowing," but we should think long and hard before buying into what's effectively state-sponsored propaganda.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brandes wrote:

I thought this was already in the public domain and I thought he had a TUE for it. At the time, I didn't like that if you need a TUE for something like that you can still race but I admit I was pretty ignorant never being on any banned substance at the point.

Fast forward and as many know I have had some inner ear issues the past year, still do. My ENT thought if could we could get the inflammation down it would resolve so he prescribed Methylprednisolone. Which as an Ironman athlete himself, he knew it was fine OOC but banned IC unless with a TUE. It did absolutely nothing for my ear issues but it sure did make me feel like superman. Crazy that athletes can be prescribed this and compete on it.

As an opportunity for discussion, I had half thought about applying for a TUE, as I was on the start list for Racine, and seeing what the process was, tweeting about it before the race, racing, seeing the effect, and donating any prize money bonuses etc, or just straight up DQing myself, but in the end opted not to. As much as like experiments I didn't think the majority of people would approve (myself included) so I didn't. I 100% believe that all these TUEs need to be published. If you want a TUE you lose your right to privacy.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fun to read the reactions to this among the professional field...or maybe just Sebi's

https://twitter.com/...s/953940533902237696
Quote Reply

Prev Next