Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hemoglobin levels low
Quote | Reply
I got test results back yesterday for some things and one of the mentioned results was I scored a 14 in the 13.5-16.5 scale. Considering this is about your bloods oxygen carrying capacity(as I understand it), I wasn't super happy with that result.

Any Drs out there that can recommend a way to boost this (if it's not genetic) without ped's?
Quote Reply
Re: Hemoglobin levels low [%FTP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Drink more blood.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do a search and check out a thread I started on this a few months back. I had various low levels inc. Hemoglobin, mine was 120 in late March, with a few weeks of taking iron supplements I was around 135, I will get tested again in a few weeks. I noticed a big difference in sleep quality and feeling refreshed after waking up (I have never seen this as documented benefit).

I had not run much in 6 months only some cycling
but stared running again my pace has improved by
about 20sec mile at same HR.

I have never had a level of 140 while training in over 20 years, if your training regularly 140 is actually normal, so I have been told.
Last edited by: pokey: May 17, 12 6:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seriously?!? Dude, this is a normal result. Normal is normal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Roubaixman is correct. There's a normal range for a reason. Your Hb is in the normal range. It's not something to to be happy or sad about, you're just normal. A good thing to be most of the time.

John

John H. Post, III, MD
Orthopedic Surgeon
Charlottesville, VA
Quote Reply
Re: Hemoglobin levels low [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The alternative is a 6-pack of "True Blood"...for those trying to ween off the real McCoy. Works on the show anyhow.
Quote Reply