Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help with the value of a 2012 Cervelo R5 frameset
Quote | Reply
Hi,
I'm considering purchasing a perfect condition 2012 Cervelo R5 frameset. The frame isn't the VWD model so a bit lower model. Can someone give me an idea of what a fair price is to pay?

Thank you,
Gene
Quote Reply
Re: Help with the value of a 2012 Cervelo R5 frameset [ginofairplay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Help with the value of a 2012 Cervelo R5 frameset [1fastbeaver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks,,, are we talking $450-$550
Quote Reply
Re: Help with the value of a 2012 Cervelo R5 frameset [ginofairplay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What price is the seller asking?
Quote Reply
Re: Help with the value of a 2012 Cervelo R5 frameset [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He,
Asked me what a fair price. He prefers his S5 frameset.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would pay 1600 any day of the week if I could find a 2012 R5 for sale for that much.

Tiago
---------------------
Sponsors: : Blueseventy :
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ginofairplay wrote:
He,

The correct way to negotiate is to get the other person to set a starting price first.

If they want you to go first, simply offer half of what you think is fair.
Quote Reply
Re: Help with the value of a 2012 Cervelo R5 frameset [BrzilianTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's not selling the whole bike, just the frame set.
Quote Reply
Re: Help with the value of a 2012 Cervelo R5 frameset [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks I'm aware the first to talk is costly. I was really hoping that someone would have a good idea of what a fair price would be.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ginofairplay wrote:
Hi,
I'm considering purchasing a perfect condition 2012 Cervelo R5 frameset. The frame isn't the VWD model so a bit lower model. Can someone give me an idea of what a fair price is to pay?

Thank you,
Gene

I recently bought a mountain bike off someone. I looked at bluebook but I also submitted it to the Pros Closet. You just need a couple photos of the bike or frame to get a quote from the pro's closet. I get prices from the PC in the same day. You don't have to commit until after you see the pricing. Interestingly for me, they said their inventory was full and they couldn't purchase the bike right now but they would in a couple months and they estimated the pricing I could expect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ginofairplay wrote:
Thanks I'm aware the first to talk is costly. I was really hoping that someone would have a good idea of what a fair price would be.

Thanks

Somewhere around $500 is probably a fair price.

Offer $250 and see what happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good idea on pro closet, however they will be giving you a price that they're willing to pay which is different from private party value.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks sir I was thinking the $500+ range but it's been a few years since I've purchased a R5 frame and didn't want to over pay or insult the seller. If I pic it up my slc-sl will likely be offered for sale shortly after
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ginofairplay wrote:
Thanks sir I was thinking the $500+ range but it's been a few years since I've purchased a R5 frame and didn't want to over pay or insult the seller. If I pic it up my slc-sl will likely be offered for sale shortly after

What's wrong with your current frame?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nothing at all it's in great condition. I just might be better off on a more climb friendly vs aero frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ginofairplay wrote:
Nothing at all it's in great condition. I just might be better off on a more climb friendly vs aero frame.

What are the geometry differences between the frames?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The SLC-SL is a 58cm. The R5 is a 56cm. I'm long legged and short upper torso. Honestly the 56cm would likely be the better fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
ginofairplay wrote:
He,

The correct way to negotiate is to get the other person to set a starting price first.

If they want you to go first, simply offer half of what you think is fair.

Agreed. Seller should give a starting point not the buyer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ginofairplay wrote:
The SLC-SL is a 58cm. The R5 is a 56cm. I'm long legged and short upper torso. Honestly the 56cm would likely be the better fit.

What is the difference between the horizontal top tube lengths of the two frames?

Why did you buy a frame that was too long?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well I had hoped for a long time for a SLC-SL and pulled the trigger when I came across it. I may try and change a few things on it to make it a bit more comfortable.
Quote Reply