Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help with foot bursitis (with pic)
Quote | Reply
Would love your help with a foot injury. I was overdoing it on foot exercises with my theraband, and irritated the area below my 5th toe joint. See the image where I drew a triangle. That area hurts to the touch, and gets very sore if anything is pressing on it. My podiatrist thinks that it is bursitis, but I'm not sure (we only did a video appt because of COVID). The pain originates from between the 4th and 5th toe, about an inch below the toe. Has anyone had something similar? I am does icing 3x a day, taping it, and avoiding using it. Would love to know if anyone has dealt with something similar, what they did that helped, and how long it took to resolve. Thanks!

Quote Reply
Re: Help with foot bursitis (with pic) [mollyrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not in that location...but, move over a joint...and, I've had Morton's Neuroma between my 3rd and 4th meta-tarsals. I've never heard of bursitis out by the pinky toe (big toe, knees, hips, and shoulders....sure). When I've had bursitis, its been more position dependant, and achy instead of burning.

In the end though, it probably doesn't matter, as long as it eventually resolves. As far as I know the treatment is the same: leave it alone, don't irritate it more. With a neuroma I've been given a metarsal pad in my shoe to take some of the pressure off the tarsal heads and nerves.

The sucky thing is that foot things, in particular, seem to take forever to heal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to get this condition frequently between 2nd and 3rd toe. It’s very painful and can take weeks to recover on its own. I finally found a Dr. who diagnosed the problem - for me it is a nerve disorder that is caused by insufficient B6, B12 and folic acid. Solution was a prescription for these in a balanced formula and I’ve had no more recurrence of this condition. The prescription is termed “medical food” and wasn’t cover by my insurance but it is worth every penny to have this issue eliminated. This only occurred on my left foot and would feel like a smooth rock was in there. On the right foot I would get gout in the big toe. Always from over stressing the joint. With the supplement taken daily (pill form) both conditions have never recurred.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Btw - predizone was VERY effective in treating this when it occurred. But now it never occurs since I solved the underlying problem that was resulting in the neuropathy in the foot.
Quote Reply