Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help please: Specialized Crux 35.8 mm clamp-on front derailleur ???
Quote | Reply
I am in the process of building a 2011 S-Works Crux with an Ultegra 6800 group set that I have lying around.
The frame is for a clamp-on fd, the seatpost however has a 35.8mm diameter where the clamp would go.

Problem is, I cannot find Shimano offering a 35.8 mm clamp-on fd. I only find a 34.9.
Before buying can someone tell me whether the 34.9 would fit? Is that within the tolerance?

Thanks for any adise.
Last edited by: BrickMick: Mar 4, 18 19:11
Quote Reply
Re: Help please: clamp-on front derailleur for 35.8 mm tube ??? [BrickMick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just buy the correct size clamp and then buy a clampless derailleur that bolts to it.
Quote Reply
Re: Help please: clamp-on front derailleur for 35.8 mm tube ??? [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has the same problem. Can't find a clamp for that dia either.
Shambolic wrote:
Just buy the correct size clamp and then buy a clampless derailleur that bolts to it.
Quote Reply
Re: Help please: clamp-on front derailleur for 35.8 mm tube ??? [BrickMick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A 34.9 won't fit or I wouldn't risk it damaging my frame as it clamps up
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe they do fit to the bigger size and this may help?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cinelli-Logo-Braze-On-Derailleur-Clamp-34-9-35-5mm/132435750489?hash=item1ed5c92e59:g:Q9AAAOSwiBJaM~Fx
Quote Reply
Re: Help please: clamp-on front derailleur for 35.8 mm tube ??? [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice find.
For that price however I can buy a whole new front derailleur.
E.g. here.

Shambolic wrote:
Maybe they do fit to the bigger size and this may help?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cinelli-Logo-Braze-On-Derailleur-Clamp-34-9-35-5mm/132435750489?hash=item1ed5c92e59:g:Q9AAAOSwiBJaM~Fx

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you tried to fit a 34.9mm clamp-on front derailleur to your seat tube?

If it won't fit, simple use a Dremel tool to make it bigger.
Quote Reply
Re: Help please: clamp-on front derailleur for 35.8 mm tube ??? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was thinking of ordering one from Amazon for easy return and just try it.
I am surprised since this is not an exotic bike brand and with a Specialized bike somebody must have had this issue before.

jimatbeyond wrote:

If it won't fit, simple use a Dremel tool to make it bigger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply