Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help picking similar frame geometry
Quote | Reply
Hi all,
I’m hoping for a bit of guidance ...
THE QUESTION
I’m looking for a used Tribike and want to know what frames have similar geometry to my previous bike which worked perfectly for me - 2009 Argon 18 E80 - 54cm TT, I’m 183cm with pretty normal proportions and ride a 56cm roadie if that helps

FURTHER INFO
- bike will be used for a training for My annual 70.3 then I’ll sell it hopefully for the same $s i buy it ($500-$1,000max) wife allows this brief period of N+1 if the bank account returns to normal shortly after my race!
- Can’t afford a bike fit at this price point as I’m looking to buy and sell without losing $s
- stupidly didn’t measure my position when I sold my last bike
- happy with Bikes up to 10 years old so just need to know what will suit me then I’ll start trawling FB marketplace (hopefully with a broader range of 3 or more bikes to look for)

YES I KNOW A BIKE FIT IS A GREAT IDEA ... but I’m Joe average and happy enjoying my 1 race a year as long as I can get comfortable on a bike, perfecting the aero /power position is secondary!

Thanks for any help
Quote Reply
Re: Help picking similar frame geometry [SlowHilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Click on this link to go to my database that will allow you to compare lots of frames:

Just check your frame geometry vs what is the database as there were 3 versions of the E-80
Last edited by: cyclenutnz: Jun 8, 20 19:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd get a new wife.
Quote Reply
Re: Help picking similar frame geometry [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks heaps that’s a great website
Quote Reply
Re: Help picking similar frame geometry [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The reason I get a bike fit is 1) to make sure I'm comfortable and avoid injury from ill-fitting geometry and 2) optimize aero and power. I dont know the length of races you do - but a poor fit while doing the miles for a full ironman can really mess you up through training and the race.

I suppose I don't quite understand the "buy to sell what you bought for" portion. You will ALWAYS take a hit when selling a bike - less so with used. Have you been buying and selling a bike each time you race? What about renting one?

I mean if you have a road bike - why don't you just add some clip-on aerobar extensions? If you aren't planning to work on optimizing your aero /power - if your road bike fits well you can probably get most of the way by doing that. Yeah the tri bike geometry helps you run better off the bike, but considering you aren't planning to have someone optimize your fit - it may be a wash either way.
Quote Reply