Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help me with my P2 fit please
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

Since it is Fix it! Season and I’ve recently painted the training space I thought I’d take a video and ask for some help sorting my fit out. I’ve read quite a few over these posts over the years but at a loss to know which way to go with mine.

I’ve had the bike just over a year, do 90%+ of my training indoors and have never felt overly comfortable. I rode 56 miles outside on Sunday, I stayed on the extensions for the majority of the ride but my neck and shoulders were killing me by the end.

I had a fit done when I bought the bike to set it up. It’s a 56 with a 110 stem, everything else (saddle & bars) is standard - Pad reach 50cm to middle of pads and 67cm to top of pads.

Are there any obvious easy improvements with the position?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by: Dancollett: May 20, 20 15:10
Quote Reply
Re: Help me with my P2 fit please [Dancollett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your back needs to be flatter to be super-aero. But doing that will make you feel even more miserable riding. I'd get used to where you are now, and then when you get closer to to an actual race, try getting lower. More -- instad of <.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
your saddle looks a little low, and you're riding a little more 'slack' than i'd generally set someone up. my personal recommendation would be saddle forward 2cm and up 1-2cm. then re-take video.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me with my P2 fit please [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
your saddle looks a little low, and you're riding a little more 'slack' than i'd generally set someone up. my personal recommendation would be saddle forward 2cm and up 1-2cm. then re-take video.

This. 100% move forward and up and reshoot video.

Merge Multisport Founder & Head Coach
USAT Level 2 - Short & Long Course
Ironman Certified
Brevard, NC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice one, thanks both.

I’ll move the saddle and reshoot tonight
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You’re not putting any weight on your front end, probably leading to any non-first ride of the season neck and shoulder pain.

James’s suggestion should help that

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Help me with my P2 fit please [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:
Your back needs to be flatter to be super-aero. But doing that will make you feel even more miserable riding.<.

If done right, and I’m not saying you need to do that, but if done right you’re wrong on both counts

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Help me with my P2 fit please [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:
Your back needs to be flatter to be super-aero. But doing that will make you feel even more miserable riding. I'd get used to where you are now, and then when you get closer to to an actual race, try getting lower. More -- instad of <.

That's right! I can see that you still have some spacers under the stem, so definitely lower the front end a little more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok saddle up 2cm and forward 2cm. I feel really high up now 😃.

Felt ok for 30 minutes on the trainer, no better or worse than before.

Should I be lowering the bar to get flatter?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don’t lower the bars to get flatter, lower the bars to get more comfortable.

Dancollett wrote:

Should I be lowering the bar to get flatter?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how much more forward can you move your armpads and extensions?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The pads can go forward about 5cm and the poles up to 6cm
Quote Reply
Re: Help me with my P2 fit please [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do people generally get more comfortable with lower bars? Or is it an individual thing that I just need to test?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd recommend adding appx 2-3cm of pad "reach" (move them forward) and also move the extensions forward a corresponding amount. I'd also recommending swapping 1-2cm worth of spacers from below your stem to above your stem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Right, I’ve moved the bars down 2cmandthe pads/extensions both forward 2cm. I tried moving the pads 3cm but it felt too far.

I just rode it for an hour on zwift, probably stayed aero 50 minutes plus. No shoulder or neck pain.

Thanks for the feedback so far, are there any other suggestions?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Next time you move the pads forward, make up the new longer distance between the saddle and the pads not with your body but by shrugging your shoulders up to your ears.

Also, a pad tilt of about 15 degrees (with an associated removal of one more spacer) really helps with that "too far" feeling.

Looking good so far. Time for some time in the saddle.

E

Dancollett wrote:
Right, I’ve moved the bars down 2cmandthe pads/extensions both forward 2cm. I tried moving the pads 3cm but it felt too far.

I just rode it for an hour on zwift, probably stayed aero 50 minutes plus. No shoulder or neck pain.

Thanks for the feedback so far, are there any other suggestions?

Quote Reply
Re: Help me with my P2 fit please [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
any chance he would benefit from a frame one size up to get more reach?

Merge Multisport Founder & Head Coach
USAT Level 2 - Short & Long Course
Ironman Certified
Brevard, NC
Quote Reply
Re: Help me with my P2 fit please [MergeMultisport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MergeMultisport wrote:
any chance he would benefit from a frame one size up to get more reach?

That usually goes without saying.

That said he's on a P2, not a super bike so he's got some adjustability, and his position looks OK. He might get lower even.

A good metric for a mortal frame is to enter in your fit coordinates on the Alpha One or other integrated aero bar calculator and if you aren't accommodated in reach then size up.

Quote Reply