Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Help me understand Ironman VR... [sathomasga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, for age group ranking purposes. No, for challenge complete purposes.

tinman
Quote Reply
Re: Help me understand Ironman VR... [sathomasga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sathomasga wrote:
tinman wrote:
Agree. At least for the bike, they should open up Rouvy for VR participants and use standard courses, require HR, smart trainer/power. That would help a bit but certainly not eliminate the cheating.

And exclude those of us who don't have Rouvy accounts (and don't want them) but instead prefer to ride outside

Total guess but if they had just partnered with Zwift I’d think they would capture like 90% of people training indoors. Rouvy and TR gotta be like 10% of people right? Maybe I’m wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me understand Ironman VR... [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Having said all of that about the spirit, they messed things up. If you run a 2 K warm up from the event open time it counts as the first 2 k of your time.

I'm just going to do what I do and tag them as the legs if my little walk run counts against me I won't worry, but you would think they could work it out
Quote Reply
Re: Help me understand Ironman VR... [spencer93w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spencer93w wrote:
Since it auto-uploads my files from Strava to Ironman VR, is there a way to select the activity that I want to be used? For example, if I go for a run Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but only want my Sunday run to count towards the race, how does it differentiate?

I don't think you can. Once the event starts. The first activity file that covers the required distance is going to used.....
Quote Reply
Re: Help me understand Ironman VR... [bulldog15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which I suppose provides incentive just to smash it out as three in a row.

With the weather getting hotter and more humid, I can't use the optimal strategy of do three things in a morning time
Quote Reply

Prev Next