Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help me to find a saddle that take me much forward
Quote | Reply
Hi all
I’m looking for a triathlon saddle that can get me much forward. I need a saddle that have long rail because now with my Sitero I stay at 75 degrees
Thank you in advance, ciao
Quote Reply
Re: Help me to find a saddle that take me much forward [enricobraglia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sounds a bit odd. Which bike is it? How are you measuring the angle? Can you post a photo?

Replying because you dropped off the front page, smarter people here to help than me.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me to find a saddle that take me much forward [enricobraglia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
when you say 75° are you measuring the saddle or your effective angle with you on the bike? A snub nose saddle will measure shallower than it really is.

Get us some more info, and/or some pictures/video.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What bike? A new seat post with a forward offset is going to be the best way to get steeper.

Quote | Reply
Morelock wrote:
when you say 75° are you measuring the saddle or your effective angle with you on the bike? A snub nose saddle will measure shallower than it really is.

Get us some more info, and/or some pictures/video.

Thank you to all for your replies! I have a Venge Disc with a zero offset seatpost and a Specialized Sitero saddle. I measured effective angle from the center saddle to bottom bracket. There is not the possibilities to go forward because now is at maximum but if there is a saddle that have much longer rails maybe I can gain 1/2 cm to go forward
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
enricobraglia wrote:
Hi all
I’m looking for a triathlon saddle that can get me much forward. I need a saddle that have long rail because now with my Sitero I stay at 75 degrees
Thank you in advance, ciao
ISM.
If you don't know which one to pick, start with the PN3.0 or 3.1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wanted / needed to get further forward than the Planet X bike I had would get me.

I went for an ISM Adamo 'Prologue' as it had pretty long rails and just as importantly how the rails (the useable part and really how far back the last bit of straight rail was) gave max forward positioning I could find.

I THINK they now call the replacement the PL 1.1 (PL for Performance Long).

Obvs the noseless design gets you sat something like 30 or more MM further forward too than a traditional saddle so increases the 'effective' angle.

On my fit it gave a measured angle of 77 degrees to the centre of the saddle (vs frame geometry of 76) and + obvs the effect of the noseless shoves me further forward beyond that.
Last edited by: BobAjobb: Oct 8, 19 16:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was able to accomplish this in a very cheap, very old school way. I simply ordered a straight round seat tube, the diameter for my road bike, and then used an old school, cheap bike seat clamp, turned backwards. It put my seat nearly 2" further forward.

Athlinks / Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Help me to find a saddle that take me much forward [Dean T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did sort of the same with my road bike + clip on aimero bars for my 1st full distance race - i got a Thompson layback seat post (the one with a kink part way up the post) and simply flipped it around.

Doesn't work however if the seat post / hole in the frame is aero profiled - which I think the OP's is (??)
Quote Reply