Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help me out please, Whislter IMCA bike Elevation question?
Quote | Reply
Going to Whistler this summer, but still can not figure out what the elevation on the Bike course.
Can some live in the area or had raced before help me out?

The official map has it at 8500ft.
http://www.ironman.com/~/media/28db4e7edaa24f9283823fb46f17cd37/ironman%20course%20map%20im%20canada%20bike%202018%20web%201.pdf

Bestbikesplit map shows 7700ft
bestbikesplit.com/public-course/136452

Strava has this map at 9,800ft
https://www.strava.com/routes/11886855

So what is it? 7700 is very different from 9800.

Thank you soso much!
Quote Reply
Re: Help me out please, Whislter IMCA bike Elevation question? [uva0224] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i got 805 meters per loop on my garmin in a preride a few weeks ago- so 2415 meters to do 3 loops (assuming i turned around on Calighan at the right spot which i think i did) - then you need to ride from t1 to t2 which should add another roughly 100 meters (I am guessing) of climbing so that will take you to 2515 meters elevation gain or 8,250 feet (plus or minus a little bit based on my estimate of t1 to t2).
Quote Reply
Re: Help me out please, Whislter IMCA bike Elevation question? [triracerboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Super thanks man!

Are there a lot of rollers that you can carry speed into the uphill?

Another question, do you think aerobar is helpful given the 8,250ft of climb?

Thanks again triracerboy!

triracerboy wrote:
i got 805 meters per loop on my garmin in a preride a few weeks ago- so 2415 meters to do 3 loops (assuming i turned around on Calighan at the right spot which i think i did) - then you need to ride from t1 to t2 which should add another roughly 100 meters (I am guessing) of climbing so that will take you to 2515 meters elevation gain or 8,250 feet (plus or minus a little bit based on my estimate of t1 to t2).
Last edited by: uva0224: Jun 5, 18 9:54
Quote Reply
Re: Help me out please, Whislter IMCA bike Elevation question? [uva0224] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wish i knew the answer on that one but i am guessing the tt bike. None of the climbs are that long and the course is not technical so i will be doing tt bike after a few more practice laps.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me out please, Whislter IMCA bike Elevation question? [triracerboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triracerboy wrote:

That would be nice, and on the low end of what I am expecting.
Quote Reply