Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help me decide... Castelli T1 Stealth Top 2 or Castelli SanRemo Short Sleeve Tri kit
Quote | Reply
Which is faster? I wish the san remo was longer sleeve or there would be no questios...
Quote Reply
Re: Help me decide... Castelli T1 Stealth Top 2 or Castelli SanRemo Short Sleeve Tri kit [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Stealth Top 2 is a bit faster than the Tri San Remo Short Sleeve Suit (or the Free Speed Jersey, which is the top 1/2 of the suit). It's not by a lot, but it is faster. The Stealth Top is designed, however, to be a speed top on the bike. That said, a lot of folks swim and run with the Stealth Top, but the Free Tri San Remo (and Free Speed Jersey) is specifically designed to give you shoulder mobility during the swim and breathability during the run, so it is more versatile. You will lose some of the time savings if you change in T2, so something to take into consideration. I've been a Stealth guy since it was launche in Kona in 2013, but switched to the San Remo Suit in 2016 and will continue with it in 2017. I think it ultimately comes down to how you're planning to utilize and personal preference.

steve
Quote Reply
Re: Help me decide... Castelli T1 Stealth Top 2 or Castelli SanRemo Short Sleeve Tri kit [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
125mph wrote:
Which is faster? I wish the san remo was longer sleeve or there would be no questios...

neither. castelli customer service is atrocious.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me decide... Castelli T1 Stealth Top 2 or Castelli SanRemo Short Sleeve Tri kit [Bypasskid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bypasskid wrote:
125mph wrote:

neither. castelli customer service is atrocious.

Why do I need customer service for clothes? If I get a hole send it in for warranty?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Precisely. 2 articles of clothing I had by castelli fell apart. Customer service told me too bad. A rep I met at a race said he will get back to me (no such luck). Screw them, there are other brands.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me decide... Castelli T1 Stealth Top 2 or Castelli SanRemo Short Sleeve Tri kit [secil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
secil wrote:
The Stealth Top 2 is a bit faster than the Tri San Remo Short Sleeve Suit (or the Free Speed Jersey, which is the top 1/2 of the suit). It's not by a lot, but it is faster. The Stealth Top is designed, however, to be a speed top on the bike. That said, a lot of folks swim and run with the Stealth Top, but the Free Tri San Remo (and Free Speed Jersey) is specifically designed to give you shoulder mobility during the swim and breathability during the run, so it is more versatile. You will lose some of the time savings if you change in T2, so something to take into consideration. I've been a Stealth guy since it was launche in Kona in 2013, but switched to the San Remo Suit in 2016 and will continue with it in 2017. I think it ultimately comes down to how you're planning to utilize and personal preference.

Steve - Have you seen the aero difference between the Tri San Remo SS and Stealth Top quantified anywhere? I too have been a long time Stealth Top user and considering the Tri San Remo SS. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not get the Castelli All Out Speed suit? https://www.castelli-cycling.com/...men/p/861810418P-010

It has the T1 Stealth built into the tri suit

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Help me decide... Castelli T1 Stealth Top 2 or Castelli SanRemo Short Sleeve Tri kit [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I think it's close but not quite. I just measured and ordered T1:Stealths and All Out speed suits for this season's team kit and while the fabrics are very similar, it's not quite the same. The All Out is still more flexible and offers better mobility than the T1. The fabrics look very similar, the cut and fit is similar, but there's a clear difference in feel. Still, both fit me perfect without bunching so I doubt there's a difference in aerodynamic benefit. Most likely I'm going to race in the All Out unless it's boiling hot, in which case the white T1 suit for the bike would be nice.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know it helps, but I have both. I have seen no significant difference in racing between to two. Can swim, bike, run in either. However, I think they are both HOT on the run. However, I live/race in Florida and everything except no shirt feels hot on the run to me. I like the longer sleeve of the stealth top but on the run I like that I can unzip the tri suit top and take it off (for non wtc) and it's still attached. Just my thoughts.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me decide... Castelli T1 Stealth Top 2 or Castelli SanRemo Short Sleeve Tri kit [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Why not get the Castelli All Out Speed suit? https://www.castelli-cycling.com/...men/p/861810418P-010

It has the T1 Stealth built into the tri suit
I saw the All Out Speed suit but that is not offered in my team kit order.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me decide... Castelli T1 Stealth Top 2 or Castelli SanRemo Short Sleeve Tri kit [Stelvio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It may be too late if your team store was already set up, but looks like they are offering the all out speed suit in custom now.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me decide... Castelli T1 Stealth Top 2 or Castelli SanRemo Short Sleeve Tri kit [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Don't think we would have hit the minimum on the All Out Speed Suit.
Quote Reply