Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help me buy the right Di2 setup
Quote | Reply
Hello, I wanted to buy an Alpha x bar and Update my P2 with Di2

1) can I hide all cables with the Alpha x?
2) do I Need 3 or 5 ports junction box?

Thx,

I am new at this

Roberto
Quote Reply
Re: Help me buy the right Di2 setup [roberto6464] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) you can hide everything in the alphax bar. The drawback is that your di2 charging port is hidden as well.

2) 5 ports usually makes things easier

3) another option is to use the ew-rs910 a-junction box and place it in an aerobar end (which needs to be drilled somewhere to get the shifter cable out), and 1 (or 2) 4 ports b-junction box JC41 in the bar. You can easily hide 2 b-junction boxes in the alphaX bar. That’s what I did.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the 5 port in my Alpha X. Very clean look. Almost cant see any wires....you have to search for them. The drawback is that you have to dig the 5 port out of the cavity to charge. It is a slightly tight fit. I have taken a break from riding shortly after having upgraded, so not a ton charging on my end. But for the couple months I was still riding, charging was minimal, so it wasnt a big deal.

I personally didnt care for the look of the bar end junction. Literally the only reason I didnt go that route. Doesnt look bad, just not as good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here’s my setup. I used a 3-port B junction and the Y-splitter cable. And I used the bar-end Junction A for maximum access and invisibility. There is only 1 visible wire... the one from the cockpit to frame.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...0write%20up#p6572184
Quote Reply
Re: Help me buy the right Di2 setup [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you,

Really appreciate the help!
Quote Reply
Re: Help me buy the right Di2 setup [KG6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KG6 wrote:
I have the 5 port in my Alpha X. Very clean look. Almost cant see any wires....you have to search for them. The drawback is that you have to dig the 5 port out of the cavity to charge.
There's a workaround hack for this that we discovered when we built up some of Andy Potts' old Kestrel rigs. We had hidden his 5-port junction inside the head tube, so it was a BIG pain to get to. Andy needed to be able to charge his bike without disassembling everything. So, there's a handy hack we figured out, but it requires you to have an extra 5-port junction. What you do is, unplug your rear derailleur, and plug the spare 5-port junction into that e-tube wire. Charge away! When you're done charging, just unplug that junction and re-attach the derailleur. This worked on the earlier versions of Di2, but I haven't tested it with 9170.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just went through this process with my P3. I’ve enclosed a crude drawing of the setup. In hindsight, the Y cable should be routed to the brakes. Otherwise, this is a clean setup with easy access to the charging port.

Edit: just noticed your reference to the Ax. Apologies, as my post applies to the A1.

Last edited by: GreatScott: May 5, 19 10:45
Quote Reply
Re: Help me buy the right Di2 setup [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does it have to be a 5 port junction, or will any "a" junction work?
Quote Reply
Re: Help me buy the right Di2 setup [KG6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any A junction should work

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply