Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help me build a Ventum Z
Quote | Reply
I am going to be ordering a Ventum Z pretty soon, because the Ventum One doesn't fit my alien geometry.

Things I have:

HED Jet Aero Wheels
Praxis 160mm Cranks
Dual Sided Vector 2 Power Meter Pedals
Zipp Luka Aerobar Extensions

I am trying to figure out what makes the most sense from a $$$ and performance standpoint. I am willing to order just the frame, or order the bike set up with Di2 so that I can have a set of training wheels to use 95% of the time. The issue with ordering the full bike is that I don't need the crank or the aerobar extensions.

To deal with the front brake aero penalty, I was planning on ordering the TriRig Omega X Brake. Between the arms I was thinking about adding the Torhans Aero30 or Aero20, whichever will fit the best. Ventum also offer a behind the saddle bottle cage mount, but at $160, I'm not sure there isn't a better option out there.

As for any other thoughts you may have, please let me know. I would love to know how you would build your bike from frame and the parts I have...or if you would simply buy it with Di2, buy the Torhans BTA, behind the saddle cage mount, TriRig Omni front brake and call it day.
Quote Reply
Re: Help me build a Ventum Z [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Likely going to be cheaper to just buy with di2 and then sell the parts you aren't using. Not sure what the premium Ventum is charging for the groupset though.

As far as the rear bottle cage goes, just buy your favorite cage and some zip ties. Honestly its so much cleaner than any BTS setup and then you can choose your cage. I personally rock a TriRig Kappa cage behind and haven't had any ejection even on really bumpy roads. I ran cheap amazon cages for the longest time but now I'm a believer in spending a bit more at least for the BTS cage. I'm sure the Xlab gorilla is solid as well but the tririg has sideways slots designed for zip ties so its perfect.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Last edited by: realbdeal: Aug 15, 19 18:00
Quote Reply
Re: Help me build a Ventum Z [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha, I actually did watch your youtube video...you do love those zip ties on your Cervelo.

Thanks, dude!

Bike Frame Ventum Z $2,850.00 Bike Trade $(1,550.00)Shimano RS100 Clincher Road Wheelset $110.00 TriRig Alpha X w/ 1 Brake $795.00 TRP T851 $120.00 Brake Cables $15.00 di2 $1,650.00 https://www.texascyclesport.com/...e-trial-groupset/HED Jet Race Wheels $- Praxis Crankset $- Garmin Vector 2 Power Pedals $- Torhans 30 $70.00 Torhans Aeromount $25.00 Saddle $150.00 Zipp Tie BTS Bottle cage $- Bar tape $20.00 Cable Crimps $3.00 total $4,258.00

realbdeal wrote:
Likely going to be cheaper to just buy with di2 and then sell the parts you aren't using. Not sure what the premium Ventum is charging for the groupset though.

As far as the rear bottle cage goes, just buy your favorite cage and some zip ties. Honestly its so much cleaner than any BTS setup and then you can choose your cage. I personally rock a TriRig Kappa cage behind and haven't had any ejection even on really bumpy roads. I ran cheap amazon cages for the longest time but now I'm a believer in spending a bit more at least for the BTS cage. I'm sure the Xlab gorilla is solid as well but the tririg has sideways slots designed for zip ties so its perfect.
Last edited by: LifeTri: Aug 15, 19 18:27
Quote Reply
Re: Help me build a Ventum Z [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hello. I am between a canyon or a ventum z. I have a question about (“simple / easy to use and clean”) of the in the frame bottle of de ventum z. It is easy to do? It is practical to use an clean 3/4 times a week? Or do you prefer standard bottle cages? Thank you of your answer. And sorry, i know that my english is xxxxxx! Sergio
Quote Reply