Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help for Stance Width, and lenght spindle
Quote | Reply
Hi.
I would like to know, if you could help me with this issue.
There is a good tread that SLOWMAN created on the subject.
But what I am looking for is to know how much would be right and how much not.
The issue is how to really know when and when not.
In my case, the spindle increases since a positioner recommended it to me, I am using 4mm longer speedplay and 3mm longer time xpro10, but I still continue with the supposed swinging to the sides.

If I follow the knee, up still still looking a little outward.
But I can't find data on this. And I would like to learn about it.
Since there is no fit bike in my country.
Thanks and Merry Christmas

Sorry my english
Quote Reply
Re: Help for Stance Width, and lenght spindle [warlockuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are saying that your knees point out a little at the top of your pedal stroke, There can be various reasons for that. A retul or guru fir could diagnose for sure.
If you stick a good video on here, somebody may properly diagnose.

Your English is better than 99% of American’s 2nd language, no apology needed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If your knees go wide at the top of the pedal stroke, its probably because your feet are attached to the pedals too close to one another. Probably your hips are wider but hard to know without seeing. It could also be a psoas+hip mobility issue and not hip width. In any case, what width saddle are you on? 155?

One more thing....if you are on those exercise bikes in the gym (lifecycle, precor etc) or at a hotel, do your knees track up and down nicely. Those bikes tend to have really really wide stance width. I am perfectly comfortable on most gym bikes, and I know almost everyone I ride with hates them, but I trend towards the wide stance width side of things. I have a narrow stance stride to stride running, because my hips are able to swivel and literally my feet land in straight line because the hip rotates (and gives me some speed to boot). But on the bike it generally feels like a mechanical disadvantage because most bikes are made for people with narrower hips and its also an aero penalty....standing up out of the saddle, I have always been more comfortable (now my hips can swivel to match the stance that the bike gives me).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
many things influence knee track, from saddle too low to a beer gut. Being too close to BB as well as saddle too low...many combinations.

crank arm length can also be a factor in knee track going 'out' at the top of the stroke. hard to say without seeing the ankle and hip movment

ultimately the question is 'how much' and is there pain when you ride

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Re: Help for Stance Width, and lenght spindle [ABarnes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Hi
Thank you very much everyone for your answers
I will try to answer the questions

saddle, syncros belcarra

Link : https://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/...ddle-p347266/s657074

Cranks lenght , 165mm I am waiting for about 155mm to test

Videos

First pedals speed play spindle default, and cleat in the middle
Link:
Lateral video :speed play spindle default, and cleat in the middle
Link:

Rear video :speed play spindle default, and cleat in the middle
Link:

Second speedplay spindle + 3mm and cleat well inwards, so that the foot is well out
Link:

And Now I also have time xpro 10 standard and + 3mm spindle pedals

I swing my shoulders a lot too :(

Now I am in low season, getting a lot of zone 1 and 2, a lot of gym with weights, Gaining weight, I have 4 kilos more than when I qualify for NZ, in January we resume nutrition and training, I have the first race in March, there is time to test and adapt

All suggestions and improvements they create are heard

Very very thanks
Rafael
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any information will be very helpful, thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With the naked eye it is hard to see anything other than a slight varus knee on the left. Going to the 155 crank should help that. The normal glute and hip mobility exercises may help as well, over time with lots of consistency.
Also, if you train in front of a mirror, just trying to keep that knee straight should help. All the aforementioned is assuming you have the correct saddle and saddle height.
Your knees track a million times better than the ST favorite and Canadian pro whose name I won't mention.
Quote Reply
Re: Help for Stance Width, and lenght spindle [DBF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am waiting for the 155, these days should arrive, it will not be necessary more outside or more inside the feet? thanks
Rafael
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could definitely try a wider stance by moving the cleat to the inside of the shoe. I would say most people could benefit from that. Look at Sagan, he uses Extra spindle, spaces and cleats and his knee still pops out a little sometimes.
Make 100% sure you got your saddle in the right spot, and you’re on a properly sized saddle for your butt bones. Most important part.
Quote Reply
Re: Help for Stance Width, and lenght spindle [DBF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going to wait for 155 and I make a new video
Thank you
Rafael
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New videos

1)feet well against the levers
1)https://drive.google.com/...h7y/view?usp=sharing

2)feet well outside the levers (it already has the longest spindle and an extra 4mm extender).
2)https://drive.google.com/...RB_/view?usp=sharing

3) 20mm extender.
3)https://drive.google.com/...PyC/view?usp=sharing

Very thanks
Rafael
Quote Reply