Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help Picking Out a Bike for a Small Rider
Quote | Reply
I'm a relatively small rider with stack and reach numbers of 530/445. It's pretty hard to fit a bike that will do those fit coordinates (currently using my 48cm S5 with the bearing covers taken off and it's just slightly taller than 530).

I've been debating between the small Speed Concept with the low-far stem (555/448) and the 51cm Cervelo P5 (566/455) [I found a killer deal with 808s/powermeter]. They are both a bit too tall so I was wondering if anyone else had any suggestions as I don't want to deal with 650c wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: Help Picking Out a Bike for a Small Rider [Cajer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Consider "women's bike" too for a bigger shopping pool and maybe a better bargain. I read where a bike manufacturer determined that one man can differ in size to another man as much or more than a man to a woman. So they are going to stop making ladies versions and simplify.

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only real answer here is a Premier Tactical XS.

Don't compromise because you are short.
Quote Reply
Re: Help Picking Out a Bike for a Small Rider [IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IT wrote:
Consider "women's bike" too for a bigger shopping pool and maybe a better bargain. I read where a bike manufacturer determined that one man can differ in size to another man as much or more than a man to a woman. So they are going to stop making ladies versions and simplify.

most of this is wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whatever you decide framewise give some thought to your crank length. It may be that something less than the commonly commercially available 165mm size is required if you aren't very tall. In fact I'd even start thinking about what size/manufacture crank you are going to use and then decide on what frames are compatible based on that.
Quote Reply
Re: Help Picking Out a Bike for a Small Rider [Mark57] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark57 wrote:
Whatever you decide framewise give some thought to your crank length. It may be that something less than the commonly commercially available 165mm size is required if you aren't very tall. In fact I'd even start thinking about what size/manufacture crank you are going to use and then decide on what frames are compatible based on that.

Yup! I've definately given some thought to crank length. I just got a 162.5mm Quarq, which is the smallest I've seen for a power meter crank. I think I'm going to go with the Speed Concept. It's slightly lower/shorter than the P5, even though I don't get as great of a deal (Firecrest 808/Zipp Carbon Disc/Powermeter/Full Bike all for 3200!!) and the bars are less fincky.

It does seem that the IA does get a little bit lower, but it would be allot more expensive to build it up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We specify 155 crank arms on the XS Premier Tactical with dual InfoCrank Power meter - standard equipment.

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rotor cranks also go down to 150mm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a small rider and I'm on an argon e119 xs. My legs are tiny and my torso is long. I hang pretty far over the front but it's way better than any other bike fit I've ever had.
Quote Reply
Re: Help Picking Out a Bike for a Small Rider [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
IT wrote:

most of this is wrong.

My source: http://www.cyclingnews.com/...-launch-new-roubaix/

Beyond gender
Specialized has now joined a number of other bike manufacturers in choosing to offer one model for both male and female riders and there will be no offering of the Specialized Ruby - the female-specific Roubaix - seen in the past.
Specialized say the decision is down to analysing data from their Retul bike fitting program and establishing that there is more likelihood of two male riders having a different leg to torso ratios than a male and a female.
The company claim their Retul data is the largest of its type in the world and have optimised geometry through 11 different frame sizes from 44-64cm (in two centre increments).

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Help Picking Out a Bike for a Small Rider [IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea but that's just marketing bullshit.
Quote Reply