Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help: New powermeter crankset comes in contact with rear brake
Quote | Reply
I need some help, please! I purchased a new Pioneer dual sided powermeter on an Ultegra r8000 crankset. When my LBS installed it, but powermeter on the backside of the non-drive crank would make contact with the direct-mount rear brake, making my new powermeter unusable. Any ideas on a new direct-mount rear brake that will give me clearance? I have attached pictures (the pictures show with my old crankset looking down).

The bike is a 2019 Felt IA10 and the rear brake is a Shimano 105 direct-mount.

Thanks for any help!
Quote Reply
Re: Help: New powermeter crankset comes in contact with rear brake [Dtblack101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tririg brake
Quote Reply
Re: Help: New powermeter crankset comes in contact with rear brake [Dtblack101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As poster above said, Tririg Omni https://www.tririg.com/store.php?c=omega

It's not cheap but it's well designed, and will work for your case by the looks of it. As you can see on the website, the widest point of the brake is basically the brake pad carrier.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tririg brake is possible but more expensive. Tektro and TRP also have good and cheaper options that will work.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, as others have mentioned, our brake will do the trick. And yes, it will work just fine on your IA10, and comes with everything you need to mount it. And it will give you lots of clearance. Here's an image from the bottom of the Features page:

--
TriRig.com
Last edited by: TriRig: Mar 25, 20 12:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been there, done that.
Two options: pedal based power meter or tri rig.....(or both if you are like me...better braking and better power meter!)
Quote Reply