Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Hello, can you tell me about the cube aerium c68 slt low
Quote | Reply
Hello, can you tell me about the cube aerium c68 slt low ??
I have a trinity pro advanced, etap, powermeter etc etc
I offer this bike to use it aerium c68 slt low
Worth it ?
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Hello, can you tell me about the cube aerium c68 slt low [warlockuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing to add other than I wish they were sold in the US.
Quote Reply
Re: Hello, can you tell me about the cube aerium c68 slt low [warlockuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because it uses the Profile Design AU bracket you get a lot of adjustment - tilt and XYZ - so it is easy to fine tune your position (unlike the Trinity)
I was at the Cube HQ a month ago, they don't share their tunnel data unfortunately but they were very confident that testing showed the bike to be as good or better than the gold standard TT/Tri bike.
I had a look at the UCI legal disc Aerium and was impressed with the overall design.

The SLT low is currently top of my wishlist (if I started racing again)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ride one this year (but I'm mostly into (non-UCI) TTs, not Tri's).

In my opinion, the most underrated superbike there is.

Pros:
1) frameset is cheap, compared to anything else out there.
2) comes with almost everything except wheels, saddle and groupset. Even the longest Di2 wire is preinstalled.
3) tons of adjustment options, including tilt up to 15 degrees, and, of course, if you don't like PD stock armrests / extensions, use your own.
4) fits 28mm (real width) tyres.
5) super clean from all angles, especially with FD hanger removed, so definitely passes the eyeball wind tunnel test.
6) (subjective) somehow it corners way better than my old Plasma 3 Premium did - haven't compared geometries to the detail to identify why, but the feeling is definitely there.
7) (subjective) not slow either; have had only one short race so far, and the online analysis tools suggested an improvement of CdA around 0.01 vs my previous setup; but need more data to confirm.

Cons:
1) uses Magura hydraulic rim brakes - definitely problematic in the long run as they're not manufactured anymore.
2) changing extension stack is not a quick job - well, that's not really a Cube problem, but PD Aeria design property.
3) (subjective) I feel it to be more sensitive to crosswids than I'm used to - I've never paid much attention to how deep front wheel I run, but on this bike, I feel I'll need to do it in the future.

----------------------------
Need more W/CdA.
Last edited by: mrlobber: May 5, 19 5:34
Quote Reply
Re: Hello, can you tell me about the cube aerium c68 slt low [mrlobber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello
Thank you very much everyone for the data
I'm interested because on Monday I have a meeting with them
very thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Hello, can you tell me about the cube aerium c68 slt low [mrlobber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mrlobber wrote:

Pros:
2) comes with almost everything except wheels, saddle and groupset. Even the longest Di2 wire is preinstalled.
3) tons of adjustment options, including tilt up to 15 degrees, and, of course, if you don't like PD stock armrests / extensions, use your own.
5) super clean from all angles, especially with FD hanger removed, so definitely passes the eyeball wind tunnel test.
6) (subjective) somehow it corners way better than my old Plasma 3 Premium did - haven't compared geometries to the detail to identify why, but the feeling is definitely there.
7) (subjective) not slow either; have had only one short race so far, and the online analysis tools suggested an improvement of CdA around 0.01 vs my previous setup; but need more data to confirm.

Cons:
1) uses Magura hydraulic rim brakes - definitely problematic in the long run as they're not manufactured anymore.
2) changing extension stack is not a quick job - well, that's not really a Cube problem, but PD Aeria design property.
3) (subjective) I feel it to be more sensitive to crosswids than I'm used to - I've never paid much attention to how deep front wheel I run, but on this bike, I feel I'll need to do it in the future.

Thank you very much for all this information

Brakes are not possible to change them ??
If they are not manufactured anymore, it can be a brave issue if they can not be changed.

Size it? I use a size S in my trinity
I wanted to use a cube XS, what do you believe among the sizes?
Thank you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mrlobber wrote:

At European races I always look out for this bike at bike check-in. It's just so damn sexy. I would love to own one over pretty much any other double-diamond design. My only two asks of Cube would be to have the nutrition longer/lower and hydration lower, to reduce frontal area like on the Plasma. And to add storage for a fix kit into the cavity above the BB like the Dimond Marquise.

Is there any reason you couldn't run Omega-X brakes with a little DIY on the front cover, as people do with the P5-6? Only potential reason I could think of is cable routing.
Last edited by: BigBoyND: May 6, 19 17:32
Quote Reply
Re: Hello, can you tell me about the cube aerium c68 slt low [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
very very thanks
I buy one size S :)
thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would you mind sharing where / how you were able to purchase one in the US? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Hello, can you tell me about the cube aerium c68 slt low [rideindoors] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you contact a dealer in Canada, some of them are able to ship them into the US. I believe gearsbikeshop and revolutioncycle are two that are able to.
Quote Reply
Re: Hello, can you tell me about the cube aerium c68 slt low [rideindoors] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was able to order mine online/via email to MHW Bike in Germany. This was back in September last year. It took just about a couple of weeks to get it built and into my hands just in time for IMFL.

It’s a very adjustable bike. Stiff and solid feeling. It is very comparable to a P5-six. My opinion is that its an improved version of the P5-six. Not the lightest, but definitely checks all the boxes in aero. I’m not a big fan of the bento and hydration. It just looks clunky with them. Definitely looks more aggressive with the bare top tube and stem.
Last edited by: astig: Mar 24, 20 18:02
Quote Reply
Re: Hello, can you tell me about the cube aerium c68 slt low [astig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you confirm is the magura hydraulic brakes can be changed to something else?
Quote Reply
Re: Hello, can you tell me about the cube aerium c68 slt low [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks like the tri rig brakes would fit in the fron and back without much modification
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mrlobber wrote:

Pros:

Cons:

Were you able to fit 28mm tires without any issues? I´m planning on using the Challenge Paris Roubaix 27mm tires on my training wheels (19mm internal) but the Cube manual says the frame will only take 25mm...
Quote Reply
Re: Hello, can you tell me about the cube aerium c68 slt low [datomakin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
datomakin wrote:
Were you able to fit 28mm tires without any issues? I´m planning on using the Challenge Paris Roubaix 27mm tires on my training wheels (19mm internal) but the Cube manual says the frame will only take 25mm...

As I wrote, 28mm real width (that is 28mm width when mounted on the rims). I was using tubulars on my training wheels, which, obviously, stay as wide as they are. Regarding a 27mm clincher on a 19mm rim, I wouldn't be sure it fits, as the actual width likely would be closer to 29, perhaps even 30mm.

----------------------------
Need more W/CdA.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mrlobber wrote:
datomakin wrote:

As I wrote, 28mm real width (that is 28mm width when mounted on the rims). I was using tubulars on my training wheels, which, obviously, stay as wide as they are. Regarding a 27mm clincher on a 19mm rim, I wouldn't be sure it fits, as the actual width likely would be closer to 29, perhaps even 30mm.

I guess I´d just need to try and figure it out. My racing wheels have 21mm internal rim with 23mm tires and there is still a lot of room left. So 27mm on 19mm might just fit. Let´s see
Quote Reply
Re: Hello, can you tell me about the cube aerium c68 slt low [astig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Digging up an old post - has anyone managed to convert the Magura brakes to mechanical (be it Tririg or something else)?
Quote Reply
Re: Hello, can you tell me about the cube aerium c68 slt low [datomakin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
datomakin wrote:
mrlobber wrote:
datomakin wrote:

I guess I´d just need to try and figure it out. My racing wheels have 21mm internal rim with 23mm tires and there is still a lot of room left. So 27mm on 19mm might just fit. Let´s see

No. I mean yes, you can, but not without any issues. With 6 bar of pressure the wheel will get in contact with the frame, and even with less pressure than the recommended as the air inside the wheel heats up, eventually it will rub again. Maybe with less than 4 bar it will work, but I do not think it is safe such a low presume. But I am not an expert, it was only my experience.

STRAVA INSTAGRAM
Quote Reply
Re: Hello, can you tell me about the cube aerium c68 slt low [Epong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Epong wrote:
Digging up an old post - has anyone managed to convert the Magura brakes to mechanical (be it Tririg or something else)?

Im in the process of doing so. Front brake has already been successfully switched to the trigig omega x brake. Pretty straight forward swap. I just had to trim the brake cover/fairing a little for clearance.

Im still waiting on the tririg omega one which I will be using on the rear.
Quote Reply
Re: Hello, can you tell me about the cube aerium c68 slt low [Epong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
astig wrote:
Epong wrote:

Im in the process of doing so. Front brake has already been successfully switched to the trigig omega x brake. Pretty straight forward swap. I just had to trim the brake cover/fairing a little for clearance.

Im still waiting on the tririg omega one which I will be using on the rear.

Hi, did you also try the Omega One on the front? Are you sure it won’t work?
Can’t seem to find any Omega X brakes anymore.

Any other brake calipers that might work? My Magura brake lever just broke...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No I didn’t try the omega one on the front. It just came in the mail yesterday. I can try it out in the next few days. The dimensions look close so it looks like its just a matter of trimming the brake cover like on the omega x. I’ll let you know how it goes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
astig wrote:
No I didn’t try the omega one on the front. It just came in the mail yesterday. I can try it out in the next few days. The dimensions look close so it looks like its just a matter of trimming the brake cover like on the omega x. I’ll let you know how it goes

Great! That would be amazing! Thanks for your help :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Were you able to see if the Omega One would fit? Currently I cannot use the bike anymore since the Magura lever broke :-( would love to try the Omega One but don’t want to spend the cash if it’s for sure not going to work. Thanks for your help!
Quote Reply

Prev Next