Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Helle Frederiksen's SRAM AXS equipped Trek Speed Concept
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Helle Frederiksen's SRAM AXS equipped Trek Speed Concept [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beautiful bike. I looked at pro's rack in Galveston and most bikes were either Trek SC or Felt IA. Starky's pink Orbea stood out though.
Quote Reply
Re: Helle Frederiksen's SRAM AXS equipped Trek Speed Concept [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The gebioMized screenshots are pretty neat. Amazing how seemingly small tweaks can make a big difference in comfort.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure that's a super 9 disc.

Nice bike. Love the white.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Helle Frederiksen's SRAM AXS equipped Trek Speed Concept [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I said so in there :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rim brakes! Huh? Does the new SRAM hotness even work with such an old, poor technology?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:

You should know by now that people will comment before reading!
Quote Reply
Re: Helle Frederiksen's SRAM AXS equipped Trek Speed Concept [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you pee on the brakes enough, they eventually become hydraulic

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Helle Frederiksen's SRAM AXS equipped Trek Speed Concept [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Truth - I should be smarter by now

BigBoyND wrote:
Herbert wrote:

Quote Reply
Re: Helle Frederiksen's SRAM AXS equipped Trek Speed Concept [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They make a big deal on the new fit, and the changes they made- but um, the results in the race after the changes:

Quote:
Frederiksen with her bike before the 2019 Challenge Salou, race ready, but the race did not go as planned. She ended up with an aggravated nerve on the left side which showed itself very early on the bike, and she pulled out while in 3rd place 50km into the bike segment.
bold added.

cough. . .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great work, Herbert, but I wish I could see how that cockpit/hydration/computer mount system works. I couldn’t get my stock Bontrager shrimp fork to work well with anything other than a Speedfil / top mounted Garmin setup.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love the white draft box! I have a white Trek SC as well... Whats an easy way to get my draft box looking like that one?
Quote Reply
Re: Helle Frederiksen's SRAM AXS equipped Trek Speed Concept [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZenTriBrett wrote:
I love the white draft box! I have a white Trek SC as well... Whats an easy way to get my draft box looking like that one?
Nothing an airbrush and a bottle of white paint can't fix. Heck, a hobby rattle can would also work.
Quote Reply
Re: Helle Frederiksen's SRAM AXS equipped Trek Speed Concept [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZenTriBrett wrote:

If you are picky and in the U.S., take your frame to PPG paint shop and they will mix paint to match your frame.
I would say it will be pretty close to 95-99% match.
Buy a quart, take the can of paint and the box to a local automotive body shop.
They can paint the box for you with a small fee. If you know how to wet sand right, you can save more money by doing the prep work for yourself.
You can rattle paint yourself. Make sure to buy a closest color and wet sand the box for prep.
I would recommend finishing with several layers of clear coat for better finish.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
Truth - I should be smarter by now

BigBoyND wrote:
Herbert wrote:

Your caption says sub-9, the poster said he thinks its a super-9.

But whatevs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Curious, what size chain ring she is running?
Quote Reply
Re: Helle Frederiksen's SRAM AXS equipped Trek Speed Concept [kiwi.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It said it is a sub-9 - which is tubular. But yes whateves:-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's either a Zipp 900 or a Zipp Super-9, but the one thing we know is that it's not a Sub-9. The Sub-9 has the very distinctive circle, shown here, where the "rim" is bonded to the inner disc structure:

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
It said it is a sub-9 - which is tubular. But yes whateves:-)

It’s not a sub-9.

Super 9 tubular

https://zipp.com/...uper-9-disc-tubular/

blog
Last edited by: stevej: Apr 9, 19 17:25
Quote Reply