Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hed3 rear wheel
Quote | Reply
What about the Hed3 classic rear wheel, is it any good? Ive been using a h3 front and a Sram S80 with a wheelcover in the rear but I also have an old h3 rear wheel. Would I gain or loose anyhing by using H3 instead of S80 with cover? Have been using a 23mm Conti TT rear tire with latex tubes and guessing that rim width is about the same for h3 and S80.
Thanks PJ.
Quote Reply
Re: Hed3 rear wheel [pad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A HED3 rear wheel sucks compared to a "normal" wheel, or one with a wheel cover. The hub is pretty terrible, all of them wobble, and it's less aerodynamic, and like 20mm wide. I hardly ever rode my rear wheel when I had a set. Your S80 with the wheel cover is faster.
Quote Reply
Re: Hed3 rear wheel [pad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love mine, and they look ridiculously cool. Ride it.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Hed3 rear wheel [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I always like riding twin tri spokes... Bombproof, light, aero, never need to worry about spoke tension, looks good ... Disc cover could be nicer on the right wheel though
Quote Reply
Re: Hed3 rear wheel [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those with the sonic hubs (from c. 2007, I think) were much better.

I have a H3 Deep rear wheel and it is a thing of beauty. But it also runs true and smooth.
Quote Reply
Re: Hed3 rear wheel [Old Albion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thats the thing though - I had so many moments where I though my trispike would be fooked - but when I checked - perfect true - racewheels you can train on is the dream
Quote Reply
Re: Hed3 rear wheel [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, agreed.

I have a pair of H3s that I bought used (pre-owned) in 1999. I still train on them with a pair of resilient tyres fitted (Conti attack or 4000s ii) and another pair (deep rear) for racing with supersonics on. I also have a disc wheel for flat, fast courses. But I’m uncertain that it really is a faster.

I love the look of the H3s and that deep version on the back looks stunning. With the right choice of pump chuck, there’s no messi g around with crack pipe things either.
Quote Reply