Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Heart rate on bike high
Quote | Reply
Heart rate on bike at 19-20 mph averages 145-150 bpm. When I get to 160-170 bpm 22-24mph,. I cannot seem to keep that pace for more than 10 minutes. When I run a 7:15 min. mile my heart rate is 160-170 bpm. I have no problem holding the 160-170 bpm pace for 45 minutes running. What do I need to do to stay at that heart rate on bike. Will it occur naturally with more training (which I think will happen.) Is there specific excersices I should be doing? Intervals and threshold? During threshold rides it seems ten minutes is tops till heart rate starts getting close and into the 180bpm. which I am trying. My resting HR is 52 age 40 and 2nd year doing tri's. Any help would be appreciated. By spring I would like to average 23-25 mph on a mostly flat course for a olympic distance. Did NYC tri ( olympic) bike leg in a hour twenty two min. and N.J state tri I averaged 22mph for sprint. I want to tri to kick it up a notch coming season. All advice I recieved on running is helping. though I an not in the
" league of extrodinary gentlemen" (6 and sub 6 Min. miles.) here on slowtwitch yet. Getting there though one mile at a time. Actually got sub 20 min 5k time. But need help on bike part also . I want to tri to kick it up a notch.