Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Heart Rate Question
Quote | Reply
I'm a ametuer from Singapore and currently training for my 2nd IM in OZ this april. I managed a 11:52hr for my first attempt using Gale's 13 week program. I have a clinically tested MHR of 183 and resting heart rate of 38.

This time round, I'm focuing on longer preparations with a stronger foundation of long rides and bikes.
I realised suddenly after a total week of rest ( coz I felt on the verge of overtaining ), my heart rate seems to elevate to about 181 when climbing long hills on runs. Strangely, I'm able to maintain a contiunous pace without any discomfort or signs of lactic acid buildup. And on the down hill, my heart rate drops back quickly to 160-162. A relaxed pace this week was at 160-162, while previously, it had been at a 148-153 region.

Bottom line is, after the entire week of laying off, I'm able to hold a higher heartrate at a more comfortable pace. And also able to push a high heart rate past 180.

QUESTION:
Is something not right? or is my heart rate monitor spoilt?? Or am I relistically stronger?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Not right [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is something way off here. How old are you? It sounds like your maximum HR is way higher than 183, clinical test or not. Skip the clinic, put on the shoes, and test it yourself again.
Quote Reply
Re: Not right [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Often after a week of complete rest, the higher heart rate while training is a sign of the body repairing what has been done to it during intense training. Withing a week it should fall back to the nortmal levels you are used to while training. It does sound like your tested max may be a little low, but I promise in a week the heart rate will suppress itself again.

tommy
Quote Reply