Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Healthy + Tasty Salad Dressing Recommendations?
Quote | Reply
Just as the title states. Realized last night that I've been using the exact same salad dressing since March as if I'm on auto-pilot.
Quote Reply
Re: Healthy + Tasty Salad Dressing Recommendations? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Start with a a base of 50/50 oil and vinegar, add salt, then add some sort of sugar and spices. Honey is great, or even jams, and any dry spice you like. Then just shake the crap out of it and dress

Strava
Last edited by: rsjrv99: Nov 15, 20 6:00
Quote Reply
Re: Healthy + Tasty Salad Dressing Recommendations? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure what you consider healthy, but I like the Briannas brand. A bit pricey, but taste good. For major brands my go to is Newman's Own Oil and Vinegar.

When I'm trying to cut weight I'll use salsa as salad dressing. 2 spoonfuls is usually around 60-80 calories.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.

The mustard is the key to help emulsify the dressing.
Quote Reply
Re: Healthy + Tasty Salad Dressing Recommendations? [gmh39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gmh39 wrote:
Not sure what you consider healthy, but I like the Briannas brand. A bit pricey, but taste good. For major brands my go to is Newman's Own Oil and Vinegar.

When I'm trying to cut weight I'll use salsa as salad dressing. 2 spoonfuls is usually around 60-80 calories.

Newman's caesar vinaigrette is really tasty too.

AJ

-------------------------------------------------------
IM WC Hawaii 2024
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What do you mean by healthy? Non processed? Low calorie? What are your health goals?

If you're trying to lose weight, avoid, or at least minimize oils as they are crazy calorie dense. A few tablespoons of oil can have the same amount of calories as an egg white omlette.

If you just want something where you know all the ingredients, there are some good recommendations listed here. My wife makes a really good one that is, I believe, just miso paste and rice wine vinegar mixed together.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anything with some very finely cut vegetables in it will reduce your Cda if used as a coat.

LOuis :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a huge fan of the Olive Garden Light Italian dressing. You can get at most grocery stores.
Quote Reply
Re: Healthy + Tasty Salad Dressing Recommendations? [BallsJesus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BallsJesus wrote:
I am a huge fan of the Olive Garden Light Italian dressing. You can get at most grocery stores.

has soybean oil. he said healthy. also soybean oil is a bastardization to anything 'italian' since they use real olive oil
Quote Reply
Re: Healthy + Tasty Salad Dressing Recommendations? [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
BallsJesus wrote:

has soybean oil. he said healthy. also soybean oil is a bastardization to anything 'italian' since they use real olive oil

Well son of a bitch...I love that stuff. :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Take a whole Vidalia... Sautee it until it's caramelized. Drop it in a blender

Add 1tbsp Dijon mustard
Add 1 tbsp spicy brown mustard
Add 1.5 cups red wine vinegar
Add 1.5 cups balsamic
Add 3 cloves garlic
Add 1 tbsp oregeno...
Add some salt and pepper

Blend this all

Then add 0.25-0.5 cups extra Virgin olive oil

You can add 1/8 of a tbsp of xanxan gum if you want.. But with all the mustard, everything will stay in suspension.

It makes around 4-5 cups of dressing so only 10% olive oil.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For a healthy "creamy" dressing (with some protein to boot): Hummus and Kosher Pickle juice 3:1 by volume.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Just as the title states. Realized last night that I've been using the exact same salad dressing since March as if I'm on auto-pilot.

Trick question: nothing healthy about salad.
Quote Reply
Re: Healthy + Tasty Salad Dressing Recommendations? [rsjrv99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rsjrv99 wrote:
Start with a a base of 50/50 oil and vinegar, add salt, then add some sort of sugar and spices. Honey is great, or even jams, and any dry spice you like. Then just shake the crap out of it and dress

x2 for this - the storebought stuff is junk. it's simple and fast to make your own, plus it's healthier and it keeps for ages.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.bragg.com/collections/salad-dressings

Quote Reply