Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Headphones or Sound System for a pain cave
Quote | Reply
What do you use?
Quote Reply
Re: Headphones or Sound System for a pain cave [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Headphones (Plantronics Backbeat Fit....sweatproof).

I'm used to using them from years at the gym, plus I don't need to crank them up to hear over the fan and trainer like I would a stereo system.

I connect to my PC running Zwift and iTunes, so both come through the headphones.

Also, my wife works out in the room next to the pain cave, and does not share my appreciation for Slipknot ;P.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
An old set of Jaybird X3. They just keep going. Generally only need to charge them once a week.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Headphones or Sound System for a pain cave [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do they have a build in microphone?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use both

Bose bookshelf speakers (very loud - I have an amplifier/receiver)

or

Hesh 2 Wireless Headphones (skullcandy)

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the TV

I hate wearing headphones during workouts.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Noise canceling headphones. There are many good and very inexpensive (i.e. disposable) out there.

The reason that I switched to headphones is that I could not hear dialog over the fan and trainer noise. And I had to turn up the sound system volume very high just to hear anything. Headphones are glorious.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jabra Elite 75t Active. Liked them enough just bought a pair for my wife. They are on sale now ~$50 off since they just came out with the newer 85t model.
Quote Reply
Re: Headphones or Sound System for a pain cave [MKirk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just picked these up a couple of weeks ago and absolutely love them, JLab Epic earbuds.
They have noise canceling, they have a movie mode.
The sound is fantastic, I love that they hook over the ears so I dont have to worry about them falling out even when I doing hard intervals.
https://www.bestbuy.com/...6501.p?skuId=6426501

----------------------------
http://www.instagram.com/cyclewise
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These: https://www.amazon.com/.../ref=dp_ob_title_wld

I have the previous model and they have lasted 4 years for $15.00
No need for anything fancier to sweat in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trekz air. I hate having headphones in my ear (and having sweat in my ears).. But these go over cheeckbones(bone conducting).

I share my pain cave with my better half... So we both use headphones
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:
Do they have a build in microphone?

It does have a mic, but the quality is so-so (kinda surprising given how good Plantronics phone headsets are). You can take a call in a pinch, but wouldn't use it as a go-to for calls off the trainer. AirPods are much better in terms of mic quality (but not sweat rated).

You can get refurbs quite cheap (~$25).

https://www.ebay.com/...386202.c100677.m4598

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve got a decent 5.1 system for the trainer set up and thought i was happy with it.

...then we had a baby and I started to use beats Bluetooth headphones that I got for free with a Mac purchase a couple of years ago. I can definitely say that the headphones have worked out great for me. The audio doesn’t get drowned out by the fan or trainer. The wife also sure does appreciate the lack of noise coming from the basement.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Headphones. I mainly use Zwift so I have the companion app on my phone and it helps by playing interval notifications in my ears so I know when the next set is coming up or when I'm almost done the current set. I use the anker spirit x2 (IP68 + sweatguard) or the aftershokz aeropex (IP67) bone conduction headphones. Bass and sound quality is way better on the anker's, but sometimes its nice to hear ambient noises with the aftershokz. Both are "over the ear" fit. I like the headphones because I think the sound quality is better opposed to speakers in my garage and when I want to turn on Brittney Spears "Toxic" I can do so without anyone knowing that its my go-to pump up song.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
noise cancelling headphones. i used to use senheisner as they are a brand i loved for headphones, but if you got a little sweat inside the right ear cup there would be this crazy high pitched winding noise (i would have to turn off the noise cancelling to get rid of this which negated the benefit of the feature). when i switched to Bose (as much as i hate the brand) after my sennheisners died i think i like these more as they dont have that high pitched noise, but they do have a weird "clunk" every footstep when i run.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Last edited by: damon.lebeouf: Dec 6, 20 17:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use Creative Outlier Air headphones if I’m on a group Zoom call or listening to a podcast while Zwifting. Otherwise, it’s a Sonos sound bar. Great sound for watching movies or video.
Quote Reply
Re: Headphones or Sound System for a pain cave [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just bought a pair of these for $25. Thank you for the link and making it easy.

If they suck, I will be back for other options. I doubt they are worse than my 4 year old skull candy headphones.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got 2 google home mini that I use for home automation. I have a soundbar for each or the TV that I can cast music to. And I use Jabra Elite Active 75 headphones if racing in Zwift to communicate over discord.
Quote Reply