Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Heading to Monterrey Ca for Sea Otter, any place to swim?
Quote | Reply
Hey Gang:
I am heading up to Monterrey for the Sea Otter festival this weekend.
However, Wildflower is not to far away so I need a bit swimming.
Are there any recommendations for either Friday PM or Sunday, as we are riding Saturday.
Ocean or Pool is good. Ocean with a group though.
Thanks,
Pete

2017 Cervelo P2
2017 Cervelo S2
itraininla.com
#itraininla
Quote Reply
Re: Heading to Monterrey Ca for Sea Otter, any place to swim? [gymrat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check out the local Monterey open water swim group, the Kelp Krawlers. Their Facebook page at that link has swim times. Quite active.

They go out from Lover's Point in Pacific Grove at 11:15 each Sunday, about a 1 mile total swim. There's an informal meeting in the little parking lot above the beach. There is also a group that goes out on Fridays (I think at 5:30 PM) from a beach in Monterey. I personally swim solo off Lover's Point, as there's usually kayakers around for some safety and I like it better than a group. The water temp is usually 55-58 range.

For pool, a nice one in the area is the Monterey Sports Center in downtown Monterey. They have one-day passes which cost 9 or 10 bucks.
Quote Reply
Re: Heading to Monterrey Ca for Sea Otter, any place to swim? [gymrat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gymrat wrote:
Hey Gang:
I am heading up to Monterrey for the Sea Otter festival this weekend.
However, Wildflower is not to far away so I need a bit swimming.
Are there any recommendations for either Friday PM or Sunday, as we are riding Saturday.
Ocean or Pool is good. Ocean with a group though.
Thanks,
Pete

Monterrey is in Mexico. :)

As for Monterey swims, your best bets are ocean and Monterey Sports Center. If you want to drop in on a quasi-masters coached group swim, it's Tuesday and Thursday 5:30 pm. Kelp Krawlers are great for ocean, and if you're a strong swimmer, solo off Lover's or Del Monte or Carmel Beach are all options. Saturday 11:15 am @ Lovers is your best bet for a group ocean swim, usually out to a buoy half a mile off shore and back, with options for an extra half mile or so depending on conditions.
Quote Reply
Re: Heading to Monterrey Ca for Sea Otter, any place to swim? [burkenfurter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you both for your input.
We will hit the Sports Center Pool on Friday after we arrive.
Pete

2017 Cervelo P2
2017 Cervelo S2
itraininla.com
#itraininla
Quote Reply