Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hawaii check in count
Quote | Reply
Hey Guys, will be be seeing some of the bike check in counts from Hawaii like in previous years. I'm always interested in the trend changes from year to year and you were starting to count clincher v tubulars as well.

Pardon me if the info is already up and I've been dumb enough not to find it!
Quote Reply
Re: Hawaii check in count [ozman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Hawaii check in count [bx3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are these bike counts of the whole field? If so, it's short about 300, so is that made of bike brands that are fewer than 12?
Quote Reply
Re: Hawaii check in count [slowhokie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I just provide the links.

But in the 2008 article they do say the following bikes were counted: Aegis, BH, Argon 18, Bianchi, BMC, Calfee, Cannondale, Canyon, Cervelo, Ceepo, Cheetah, Colnago, Cube, Decathlon, DeRosa, Eddy Merckx, Elite, Felt, Fuji, Giant, Griffen, Guru, Isaac, Javelin, Kestrel, Kuota, Litespeed, Louis Garneau, LOOK, Merlin, Orebea, Pinarello, Principia, QR, Ridley, SCOTT, Serotta, Seven, Softride, Specialized, Storck, Stevens, Teschner, Time, Titanflex, Trek, Parlee, Wilier, Blue, Linskey, LeMond, Leader, Jamis, Fisher, PlanetX

I suppose hey just list the top-20
Quote Reply
Re: Hawaii check in count [slowhokie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are these bike counts of the whole field? If so, it's short about 300, so is that made of bike brands that are fewer than 12?

Years ago when Dan Empfield started doing the bike count at IMH and then subsequently a consortium of both bike companies and the media got involved, I think they had more access to the bikes. Dan or others will hopefully chime in on this, but I think they were allowed out onto the pier in Kona to check the bikes over once all the bikes were in there. They had more time to look at each individual bike and note carefully what it was. This practice is not allowed any more. The bikes and associated bike equipment are counted as the athletes walk by the assembled bike and gear counters outside of the transition area. They only have a moment or two to observe, the bike name and the other things they are counting. I am sure some bikes are miss
ed.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply