Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hawaii...???
Quote | Reply
Well it's that time of year....what are your thoughts and predictions for the Big show? Here are my thought:

Tim...looks strong, will be there

Peter...having a not so great season...will he show up on race day????

LVL...looked good in Malaysia

Jurgen...good run in Germany...but is he over the hill??

Thomas...always gutsy...can win on any given day

Macca....really wants it...doing all the hot races this year...a contender

Steve L...????

Lothar...does too many races...by the time he gets to Hawaii he is burnt out...would love to see him focus on Kona...he would win it

Anyone else..????

Womans race....Natasha.....Lori, Nina with a chance...Lisa B is having a great season too.

What do you think?

Member of the Litespeed Factory Team
www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: Hawaii...??? [Orcaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well Cameron Brown finished 2nd two years ago and 3rd last year, and he's beaten Larsen, and Reid this year as well as a host of others at Frankfurt and IMNZ, so I'd probably give him a chance of a top 3 at least.

Womens race shows a lot more depth this year, could be a good one too!
Go NZer's

Steve "what objectivity"
Last edited by: Trinipples: Sep 17, 03 22:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll bite. Macca probably wants the win more than anyone. At least he projects that thirst more than other athletes. But we've all seen that smarts at Kona is as important as desire and talent, and there are some crafty boys in the mix.

Never count out Peter Reid. He's probably having a so-so year this season so he can focus on a great race in Hawaii.

Will Luc even show up? If he does, he's the favorite in my book.

DeBoom has to have the best odds of anyone. He's dialed in his training, he wants the win as long as he can do it, and he has the confidence of his previous two wins.

My sentimental favorite for a top three is Jurgen. I'd love to see him blast out a great Hawaii farewell race.

Luke Bell is pretty scary. Is he racing? If so, he'll be a factor in the process, but not likely the final result.

If Bjorn Andersson is there he can put the hurt on the swim-bikers and uber-bikers, including Larsen and Lieto. I'd love to see the big Swede rise to the top of the Ironman ranks.

Never count out Cameron Brown. He's a hard-nosed Kiwi who knows how to train and races smart. His cycling has steadily improved over the past few years and if he's within striking distance heading into the marathon he could pull out a win. I wish he'd lose that butt-ugly race kit (someone please ban Speedos for running!) and silly bandana he wears, though. It's so 80s it should come with a Flock of Seagulls soundtrack.

For the women, I'd like to see Lori come back and topple Natascha, but Badmann's still the overwhelming favorite and Kraft could be the only one to challenge her. I want to see Smyers and Newby-Fraser battle out for podium spots. Go old tough chicks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DeBoom and Badmann. Hands down. My emotional favorite is always Hellriegel.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply