Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Have you used a specific training plan to help with weight loss to success?
Quote | Reply
Any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: Have you used a specific training plan to help with weight loss to success? [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Intermittent fasting, fasted state easy workouts, calorie defecits and bone broth, HIIT, kickboxing, running, stair master, heavy volume, lots of water, La Croix, green tea, dark leafy greens

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: Have you used a specific training plan to help with weight loss to success? [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teichs42 wrote:
Any suggestions?

NooM and stick to it. You’ll lose your target weight in a short amount of time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Download MyFitnessPal app.
Link up all of your information from garmin connect/TrainingPeaks/etc where you’re tracking a good estimate of calories expended on workouts.
Set how much weight you want to lose in the app/wk.
Log meals.
Stay below calorie goal each day.

You’ll lose weight and it’s free.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cant out train a bad diet. you also gave no information on your history, current diet and training
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Completely agree with using a tracking app. NooM, mfp, or lose it. They all do the same thing.

As for the training.... How much are you trying to lose? If your only looking to lose a few pounds... Say less than 15 or so... Then you can get away with just training mostly normal. If you have more to lose, then you need to plan more for something more sustainable. High intensity, and long training sessions that deplete your glycogen stores will tend to stimulate your appetite. At which point you either eat... Or resist. If you don't eat, then you will slowly descend into more and more fatigue week on week. I tended to keep workouts below 90 minutes, and z3 or below. If I did anything about z3, I keep it short and dont go too far into the well.

About 5 years ago, I lost 60 pounds in 8 months following this approach.
Quote Reply
Re: Have you used a specific training plan to help with weight loss to success? [Vols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vols wrote:
Download MyFitnessPal app.
Link up all of your information from garmin connect/TrainingPeaks/etc where you’re tracking a good estimate of calories expended on workouts.
Set how much weight you want to lose in the app/wk.
Log meals.
Stay below calorie goal each day.

You’ll lose weight and it’s free.

I have dutifully used my fitness pal for 4 years now and am down about 80 pounds. I log my food every day and it helps me make better eating decisions. At least it helps me understand what I am putting in my boy.

I went the extra step a few years ago and consulted with a dietician (I was also new to a plant based diet) and she helped me with macro targets, recipes and resources.

End of the day, as someone else said, can't out-train a poor diet. I eat too much still... But at least I know it and at least it's real food :-).

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Basic moves:
1. Eat less. MyFitnessPal can help. Carrying a small scale to weigh food can help. My logging streak was 8 years before I just decided to stop this summer, feeling I had finally hardwired the behavior. I stopped carrying a scale after about 3 years and to this day my family finds it odd that I can estimate food weights with amazing accuracy.

2. Don’t eat dinner (I only eat anything but an apple after 8pm for social reasons)

3. Drink less alcohol (wasted calories!)

4. Stay hydrated and drink a glass of water every time you’re hungry and force yourself to wait 10 mins after that before eating anything.

Advanced moves include “nutrient timing” (timing food intake relative to workouts) and altering macronutrient composition. Personally I never bought into trying to alter what I eat, because I like delicious food and it is socially difficult. But I just eat smaller amounts of all of that stuff. Also, by limiting calories it very gradually got me to start eating less calorically-dense and more satiating foods, without a specific diet.

I didn’t mention my training plan because the calories I burn training are not too material. In my experience it is all about the food, not about the workouts. If you workout more and get hungry you may well eat more than the incremental calories you burned. It’s easy to do...just look at all the running groups eating 2500 calorie brunches after running for 90 mins and burning 1200-1500 calories.

My results: went from 205 lb to 137 lb, 2:53 marathon and 4:28 half-iron. Took 1 year to lose 80% of the weight, 2 more years to get the rest. Currently 146 lb having relaxed a bit.
Last edited by: MattyA: Dec 8, 20 20:04
Quote Reply