Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Has anyone out there tried out the new Pearl Izumi SLR Tri cycling shoe?
Quote | Reply
I'm in the market for new cycling shoes and the new Pearl Izumi SLR's caught my eye. From the picture it looks like a nice shoe. But it's still just a picture. Does the strap open towards or away from the drive train? Is the sole carbon fiber? How would you rate the quality of materials and construction?

Thanks for any info you can spare,

E-Z

--It ain't a good idea to swim near MY bubbles! Tongue
Quote Reply
Re: Has anyone out there tried out the new Pearl Izumi SLR Tri cycling shoe? [E-Z] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I have. The jury is still out for me. While it is very comfortable barefoot (mesh upper) the velcro opens inside (toward the drivetrain). I am not clip on transition guy yet, but if this is your intention (clip shoes on & strap on while pedaling) you might not like it. Also, the outside material appears to "fray". The fibers come loose. I do not know if I nicked them on a hard surface or if this is a continuing trend.

One good thing: when you first put them on barefoot dry they are difficult to get on. The material sticks to your skin. But, when your feet are wet, like during T1, they slide in real fast. Kinda quirky that way.

Overall: Very comfortable; especially barefoot. Stiff sole. I feel a lot of power. They look cool.

Neg: Velcro opens inside. Possible wear and tear issues (pending opinion).
Quote Reply