Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Has anybody noticed...
Quote | Reply
that the start of the season is right around the corner?? Ralphs is in three weeks, Wildflower in seven. I know many of you have been confined to treadmills and trainers, hopefully the liberation has begun! Giddyup!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Has anybody noticed... [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope so!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
South Texas Triathlons [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh I sure have. I have already done my first event. The Wet & Wild Triathlon was a sprint held last weekend in Corpus Christi, Texas. 300m pool swim, 14 bike, 5k run. It is a nice one for beginners and/or an early event for veterans. It is sponsored by STARRS South Texas Area Runners Riders & Swimmers and very well run.

The other triathlon in that area is the Corpus Christi Triathlon. This one is a must for everyone in the area and would make a terrific travel event. The 1000m swim is an open water swim in Corpus Christi Bay, the 20 bike course is along palm tree-lined Ocean drive which follows the bay shore and the 3.1 mile run is along the sea wall into downtown and back. The post race social scene is also good.

Craig
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man am I getting excited. I just planned out my entire 2003 season. Six tris (three sprint, three Oly), I'm running a 10K this weekend (I'm sure there will be a few more of those), a couple of open water contests, and a half marathon towards the end of the season. This is going to be so much fun. I'm going to be buying a lot of flowers for the wife. Now, if I can just stay healthy.
Quote Reply
Re: Has anybody noticed... [TriDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TWO days ago, I had trouble sleeping thinking about my first race coming up in a week and a half! At this rate, I'll be so sleep deprived I won't be able to race at all! Needless to say, I'm really looking forward to it.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Re: Has anybody noticed... [ktalon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, it's going to be mid 50s here in NYC for the first time in about forever and I for one am soooo jazzed to get outside. We've been stuck in what feels like a cross between the Dark Ages and the Ice Age. Sort of a Dark Ice Age, I guess. Wildflower is coming up soon. Hopefully the weather will give us a chance to hit those hills!

=============
Adam Duncan
New York, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone else get a little anxcious about their first race of the season? Especially after a hard working off season. Of course the first is just a benchmark but you start thinking at the starting line..."Lets see what all of those hours have done."

The Corpus Tri is great in re to the earlier post. Watch out for the jelly fish though. See you there in a few weeks.

Daniel

"If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before" -Steven Wright
Quote Reply