Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hammer System Nutrition
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have specific thoughts/experiences regarding this system. I am going to start using this in MArch and would like to hear what the trusted forum has to say regarding Hammer System.

I also invite any negative feedback.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Hammer System Nutrition [Graz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know much about the full "nutrition system", but I use Hammergel - it's great! The espresso flavour has 50mg of caffeine per serving (the most in any gel out there), and it tastes good.

I've never been a fan of the gel flasks, but you gotta admit it helps keep the price down. (In my mind, no-one beats Cliff's "litter leash" packs - too bad I can't stand Cliff Shot)

I give it 2 thumbs up. :)

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Hammer System Nutrition [Graz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Combined with Sustained Energy, there is nothing easier on your stomach than Hammer Gell and SE. They give the most consistent and easily absorbed source of energy, complex carbohydrates. Carb BOOM uses the same thing, but HG doesn't recommend mixing other sources with SE. While this may just be a marketing ploy, I've never been wiling to test my already colicky gut while in an important race. I'll use Carb BOOM alone in shorter races, but HG is just as good if not better, and when you use it with SE, there's nothing that comes close. You can get all of the energy you need without having to use solid food, and the concentrated carbohydrate energy drink is the right osmolarity to prevent it from being rejected by your gut, meaning it isn't too thick or too thin.

tommy
Quote Reply
look back a page or two .... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There was a similar question yesterday about Hammer Gels with a number of responses. I quite like the Hammer Gels, but haven't tried anything else they make.
Quote Reply