Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hamilton get the purple jersey!
Quote | Reply
OK, wishful thinking here, but it seems to me that Tyler deserves special recognition for his performance through 1 week of racing with 2 broken bones. One may argue that the most deserving rider may be the "lanterne rouge" - for riding his bike, i.e. suffering, longer than anybody else in the race - but I can't help but admire Tyler's heart through this race.
Quote Reply
Re: Hamilton get the purple jersey! [Trirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
indeed, he is one tough dude!

today though, I think, we have seen some serious
"acting" by Lance. I believe, he was just sitting there, and will keep everything for the TT, and the following sat to mon mountain stages in the pyrenees, that he had himself called the key stages of the tour...

french as well as US newspapers were saying that he didn't seem unbeatable this year, he said so too, but I believe, we have some acting like a couple of years ago when he was grimacing for the camera.
Wouldn't be surprised to see some major attack by him in Luz ardiden or the day before.

bet?
Quote Reply
Re: Hamilton get the purple jersey! [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I don't know how to tell whether he was faking it, as he has one before. It seems to me that if he had had the legs to do it he might have tried to distance himself from the field. Next week should be interesting, I guess...
Quote Reply
Re: Hamilton get the purple jersey! [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
God bless Tyler. Man, I would love to see him on the podium, that would be absolutely unreal.

As for Armsrong acting, I certainly think he is playing things a bit coy. I'm curious to see what's up his sleeve, but at the same time I'm worried the team is squandering their TTT success. Mayo's pace was insane but Lance never seemed to let it all hang out. I really hope his plans aren't to solely distance himself on a TT. I really want to see him give one of the mountain stages all that he has.

Otherwise, today was certainly a glimpse of things to come. Imagine if he wins this year and next year Tyler, Beloki, Ullrich, Simoni.... are all on form. Those alternating attacks today were brutal but I think they will be nothing compared to what will come next year should he take 5.
Quote Reply
Re: Hamilton get the purple jersey! [Trirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Purple jersey to Tyler for sure! What an amazing effort.
Quote Reply