Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Halo Swim Trainer Update
Quote | Reply
  A few months ago Doug Stern posted about this. Curious as to an update from those that have one. My problem in my pull is that I tend to straighten my arm a bit and this may be "just the ticket." It does however remind me of the rowing machine I bought in college which utlimately became a clothes hanger.
Quote Reply
Re: Halo Swim Trainer Update [TG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was looking for a used "clothes hanger" to buy. :o)

Am also interesting on how folks like theirs.

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone, Anyone.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Halo Swim Trainer Update [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't know how much help this is - I don't have one but I have used one...It was weird. Trying it once gave me a big shock that I won't forget as to just how high the elbow and wide the stroke is "supposed" to be.

I can see how it would be beneficial if you committed to actually using it to improve your power with tubing in the "correct" line of pull, I personally could not imagine myself using it consistently. Just my .02

Quote Reply
Re: Halo Swim Trainer Update [Tri Nic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, anyone using it more than just once?

Just Triing
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump

Dave

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Re: Halo Swim Trainer Update [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay, I am just going to do it. I just placed my order for a Halo today. I need all the help I can get and doing out of the water muscle memory training seems, for me, like a good thing to try. Anyone in the area want to give it a try, stop on by.

Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dammit I think you should change your ID to Batman. I would change to the Joker just for this line, Which i think I would use often with you.

WHERE DOES HE GET THOSE WONDERFUL TOYS.

I may take a trip to ca just to vacation at your house, DDR with real dance pads, the Halo, had a Velotron don't know what your using there now. Next thing I know your going to post about your new Titanflex.

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave, come on by. No Velotron, just the computrainer back with powercranks. Get you out in the sculling boat and see how long you can go. We can then take you on the airchair and see if you can get big air without killing yourself. Then I will set you up to do DDR pads in double mode. Maybe take a trip around the lake on the water bikes or peddal boat. Then we will drop into the lake with the amphibious car and take a spin around the lake looking for hot babes. We can finish the night watching a movie on the 10 foot HDTV. And now back to the Halo to make sure you have not lost the high elbow touch. Back to the PC's on the CT with spinscan to see if you are a wimp. :o) Yep, only live once. And of course, take a trip to ST. :o)

I love my Yaqui so not beam bike for me. Now, I am trying to get some of the new Z model dimple clincher disc wheels. :o)

Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dave, I forgot we have to harness you into the Trampoline thing, and make sure you can do a triple front and back flip. We can then go for a swim around the lake, only 2.5 miles.

Sure you want to come? :o)

Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump. It sounds interesting. For the moment, if I can't hit the pool, I just do lat pulldowns and pushups to make sure my arms are strong for when I get back in water.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]....
Sure you want to come? :o)

Dave[/reply]

Hmmm, well If Im going to do this a few things have to happen.

1) Take out big Life insurance policy for wife and Kids (this would not qualify as suicide would it?)

2) Chip has to buy the Arial Atom. I will drive down to his place, we will take the Atom over to CA. Hmmm better be summer, The Rockys could be cold with out a roof, heater, ect...

But ah ya thanks for the offer I think ;)

Looking forward to a review of the Halo. How long for delivery?

Just Triing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure. The process is you fill stuff out on line, and then it says they will call me to finish up the info. So, on this second step now.

I know I have swam the last 2 night in the lake really trying to do the high elbow with the arms bent trying to pull as much water as I can. The last two nights I have had my best swim times ever at my 6 lap distance. So, it seems some of the info I have been reading on ST makes sense. Seems the Halo is a small investment to allow me to spend a few minutes at night keeping this muscle memory when I cant swim. One thing nice about this sport is there is so much to work and improve on, that things are never static. I am jazzed to be going up an AG next season, so I have the motivation to train, stay healthy, and see what I can do. I have to assume this might be my final year with this chance.

Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you buy a Halo? Was wondering you are liking?
Quote Reply
Re: Halo Swim Trainer Update [fe_man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, I bought it. Actually, just finished using. Wifes going to kill me getting the chair all sweaty. :o)

What I have been doing is using it before I get on my PC trainer. It is NOT easy. I do a set for a minute at a 60 beat rate. Rest 15 beats, and go again. (I have no idea if this is right, but,...) I got 3 sets in which means I am a wimp. But, whats great is I get arm workouts with the high elbow. Seems it becoming more natural since I dont have to think about it about masters swimming.

If I heard correctly, you can give it a try and if you dont like, return it, so, nothing to lose.

Dave

Quote Reply