Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Half IM Monaco...some news SCAM
Quote | Reply
as I told you, I emailed the organizers for those here who want to know if the race is a go or not.

My email:
Hi,

Apparently, it has been confirmed that the half Ironman in Monaco will
not be held because of disagreements between the Monaco Tri Fed and
the WTC (or the people putting on the race for the WTC).
This has been confirmed on several websites.
However, your website is still up and running, so I am wondering what
the true status of the race is. Is the race on? Is it off? Is there
going to be a half IM instead (organized by you?) but without the WTC
lavel?
Also, some friends registered already but it seems that if the race is
cancelled, then there will be no refund. Can you clarify this also.

regards,

The Answer:
Nothing has been decided yet in this way! only the Federation made an announcement which is only the standpoint of the Federation at the moment!
We as an organizer and the Government of Monaco are fare away of canceling the event!
You will find more information soon on this task on the website.

Regards
Andrea Bauer

However, I posted my email on a french forum, with the answer of the organizers and got an answer right away from Bruno Fiore who said the following in french, translated in english:

"hello all, here are some really official news from the Monaco Half IM. My name is Bruno Fiore, I am the president of the Monaco Tri Federation.
Following a strong disagreement with the company Triangle who holds the IM licence and the Monaco Tri fed, we have been forced to reject the insulting contract proposed to us by this company.
As a matter of fact the race is not cancelled as it has never been organized. Therefore the athletes who have paid 200 euros can get a refund. The Monaco tri fed has never had anything to do with the race website.
Besides, the site was opened and registration had started when we were just discussing the details with this company and nothing had been approved yet.

The email of Ms. Bauer of Triangle is a lie as we have stopped all discussion with them on Nov. 3rd 2004.

As the Monaco Tri Fed is the only organization that can grant a race org. the right to have a race in Monaco, the end of the discussion means a clear NO to the race.

We have asked Mr. Hoccheger to not take registrations anymore, however we are sorry to see that this hasn't been taken into account.

sincerely, Bruno Fiore.

so in short, get your money back and don't register...it's even smarter than a Nigeria Scam...
Quote Reply
Re: Half IM Monaco...some news SCAM [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is on their website right now,

Despite the afloating rumours we would like to inform you that Triangle International is still taking steps to prepare the Half-IRONMAN Monaco Triathlon on September 4th, 2005. Registration is still open. If any reason for cancellation of the event should arise, we can assure you that we will be the first to inform you on the official website http://www.halfironman-monaco.com. Self-evidently, in case of cancellation of the event due to organisational reasons, payed entry fees for the race would be refunded without deductions. Thank you for your confidence - we will keep on giving our best to set up a great race for you!

does anyone know what happened to ironmanuk website, because i cant get there anymore. and does anyone know if the race(uk) is full already.
Quote Reply
Re: Half IM Monaco...some news SCAM [harm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...well, it is good to see that Triangle will provide people with refunds. It would be nice if this race was on, but really, it would be nicer yet, if the old Nice tri with the original distances still existed. Either way, I am hoping to race in France/Monaco in 2006 when my sister buys her second home in Provence (she currently lives near NYC). Hopefully it is close enough to Ventoux that I can get some sub 90 min repeats in too :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the update, Francois.

regards,

Frank

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.
Quote Reply
Re: Half IM Monaco...some news SCAM [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hear you, I hear you. I, too, would love the "old" Nice distance to be kept. I'm sure we're not the only ones.
Quote Reply
Re: Half IM Monaco...some news SCAM [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The UKIM website is down at the moment, dont know why, either technical difficulties or their updating it.

The race is very close to being full. I think 1180 out of 1250 entry slots have been filled.
Quote Reply
Re: Half IM Monaco...some news SCAM [JamesR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe they've done a runner with the money !!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"we have been forced to reject the insulting contract proposed to us by this company."

Welcome to France.... :)

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Half IM Monaco...some news SCAM [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triangle also organise Ironman Austria. I raced there the year before they became on official Ironman. They were a very dedicated and great team of people, very passionate about Ironman.

I would believe them 100% if they say they will be giving money back if the race doesn't go ahead.
Quote Reply